𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟰: 𝗢𝘂𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝗔𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

Uh-oh!

You barely had time to blink as the crimson crystal flew up towards your face.

You had heard lots of scary stories about children who ate things they shouldn't, like marbles or wild plants. Quickly, you closed your mouth, but it was no use.

When the crystal reached your lips, your mouth opened on its own, and the crystal flew inside. Just like with the Sweet Flowers, it was no longer a crystal—it was a piece of cotton candy. This one tasted like red velvet cake fresh out of the oven.

Paimon and Lumine stared at you in horror.

"(Y/N)... did you just... eat that crystal?" Lumine's eyes were wide. "Spit it out, quick! You'll choke!"

Paimon covered her eyes with a heartbroken wail. "Waaaah! Paimon just met (Y/N)! Paimon doesn't want (Y/N) to die!"

What do I do? They'll find out my secret! Then they won't like me anymore!

You were about to panic, when—

You didn't really want to erase Lumine and Paimon's memories, even if only a few minutes got erased

You didn't really want to erase Lumine and Paimon's memories, even if only a few minutes got erased. But they were staring at you, shock slowly turning to fear, and you realized you had no choice.

"S-system... erase."

[Select targets to erase memories]

"B-big Sis Lumi... and Paimon."

For a moment, there was silence. Paimon and Lumine gaped at you. Clearly, they thought you had gone crazy.

Lumine opened her mouth to speak.

Then she blinked. "Where did that dragon go?"

"Paimon thinks it headed towards the city!" Paimon declared cheerfully. "We should get out of here. C'mon, (Y/N)!"

Neither of them mentioned the crimson crystal. They seemed to have forgotten completely about it...

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

A little while later, you reached the outskirts of the forest. You could see the wide blue sky... and outlined against it, a city surrounded by stone walls. Even from afar, the city looked very different from the one you lived in. It had less tall buildings and no smoke fogging up the sky.

You couldn't wait to reach the city!

"Hey, you! Stop right there!"

The shrubs rustled noisily, and a girl leaped down in front of you. She had brown hair, kept neatly off her face by a red headband with a ribbon in the shape of pointed rabbit ears. The ribbon looked like the leaves on an apple.