𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟴: 𝗗𝗮𝘄𝗻 𝗪𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗿𝘆

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

"Adelinde, I'm home." Pausing to shake the dust off his boots, Diluc stepped into the brightly lit manor. Perched on his shoulder, you stared at the extravagance of it all.

A spacious living room greeted you on either sides, filled with velvet couches and cushions for the weary. Moonlight flooded through curtained windows, illuminating ferny plants and vases. Rosewood tables... mahogany cabinets... chandeliers carved from gold and crystal...

Mister Strawberry has a castle? Mister Strawberry is a king!

A maid curtsied to Diluc, which only confirmed his kingly status in your eyes. "Welcome back, Master Diluc. How was business at the tavern today?" She caught sight of you and wrinkled her nose. "And what is that, sir? A... beast you captured?"

Bwehhh! You're a mean grownup, Miss Maid! But I'm not scared, 'cause I have Mister Strawberry.

"Adelinde," Diluc said, not unkindly, "you've served the Dawn Winery faithfully, so I'll let this one slide. But please don't refer to my pet Fungus as a 'beast'. And if anyone asks... Dandy has always been my pet. This is a matter of utmost importance, do you understand?"

Looking taken aback, Adelinde stammered, "Y-yes, Master Diluc. But why—" Flinching under his crimson glare, she muttered, "I'll fetch your supper, sir."

Heehee! I win, Miss Meanie-Maid! Mister Strawberry is a nice grownup. He's my friend!

Chirping in triumph, you grabbed Diluc's ponytail and began climbing up it as if it were a rope. "Don't." Diluc batted at you, but you only clung on tighter.

With a resigned sigh, Diluc draped his black coat on the nearest couch, then sat down. Now that Adelinde was gone, you half-expected him to demand, "Explain why you stole the Holy Lyre!"

Instead, he sighed and leaned his head back. "You know, I still don't know your real name, little mushroom. Guess you won't be able to tell me, will you?"

It's (Y/N), Mister Strawberry!

"That reminds me... there was once a real 'Dandy', though he wasn't a Fungus. He was a turtle that two children adored. Jean and I took good care of him." Diluc stared into the fireplace, deep in thought. "Kaeya was always trying to bury him in the garden." His smile soured a little.

Gasp! Mister Blueberry knows Mister Strawberry?

"Judging by your reaction, you've met Kaeya before, haven't you?" Diluc asked. "Let me guess—he tried to interrogate you? Perhaps threatened to remove you from Mondstadt?"

You nodded earnestly.

"He hasn't changed." Diluc was silent for such a long time that you began to wonder what was wrong. Then you realized he was fast asleep, his head slumping onto his hand. A few strands of red hair fell into his eyes, and his scowl slipped away, leaving only exhaustion in its place.

Hmm... Mister Strawberry doesn't like Mister Blueberry. I wonder why?

 I wonder why?