𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟮: 𝗗𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗼𝗻𝘀𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗲

Blossom: Again, just in case some people missed it: I decided to take down chapters 21-23 to revise them. Thank you for understanding :))

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

Before Lumine had time to react, Ms. Whopperflower flicked her hand. The ice crystals in her halo spun towards Lumine, condensing into a block of ice that froze her in place.

"It won't hold for long,"  Ms. Whopperflower said, rushing to your side. "Little one, hang in there. I didn't go through all the pains of socializing for you to die on me."

She procured a flask of golden nectar from her sleeve, uncorked it, and shoved it to your lips. "Drink, quickly. It's Energy Nectar. A temporary fix for your injuries."

She shot a glance at the block of ice encasing Lumine, worry creasing her brow

She shot a glance at the block of ice encasing Lumine, worry creasing her brow. "Quickly! She—"

Right on cue, there was a roar of anger from the block of ice, followed by a relentless cracking noise, as if Lumine were trying to smash her way out from inside. A screen popped up in front of your face, flashing yellow:

[The Player has used Ability: Keyboard Mash]

[The Player's Agility has increased! Duration
of Frozen has decreased by 1 second.]

In your pain-induced stupor, the words meant nothing to you. While Ms. Whopperflower cradled your head, you focused on drinking the flask of honey-sweet Energy Nectar, one sip at a time. Any more than that, and you'd likely vomit it back up. Gradually, you felt the prickling pain from your cuts fade, although you didn't know whether your injuries had actually healed or you just couldn't feel them anymore.

When the flask was drained, which was much sooner than you'd expected, you felt slightly better, which is to say that you felt like you'd been run over by a truck and mauled by a rabid Chihuahua several times. So, just another normal day in Teyvat for you!

There was a sound like a thunderclap, and shards of ice flew in all directions as Lumine broke free from her icy prison. "RAAAAAH—!" Ms. Whopperflower trapped her in another block of ice, muffling her shout of rage. You noticed that the icy-haired woman's face was flushed blue, and her eyes were dull.

"All I can do is delay her." Ms. Whopperflower glanced at you, a pained expression on her face. "I hate to leave you in this state, little one, but I have to hold her off. You have to go alone."

Go...? 

Your thoughts were interrupted by Ms. Whopperflower seizing your arm and yanking you to your feet. The world tilted dizzily.

Her silvery hair enveloped you in a cold embrace, and then she was shoving you away, into the trees. "Go as far as you can. I'll hold her off." Her red eyes flicked to the cracking ice. "Run! Now!"