𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟵: 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗧𝗲𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗙𝗮𝗹𝗰𝗼𝗻

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

To save time, the Knights decided to split up, with Amber, Kaeya, and Lisa each setting off for one of the three temples. Amber's temple was the closest to the city.

As you left the headquarters, Amber said, "We're heading to the Temple of the Falcon, named after Mondstadt's hero, Vennessa. It's said that she ascended to Celestia and became a falcon after she... um... passed..." Amber hesitated, looking at you.

"...passed her exams?" you finished. You were sure you had gotten it right.

Lots of grownups care about exams, right?

"Yes, that's right," Lumine interjected, with a warning glance at Amber. "Vennessa achieved one hundred percent on her math exam and ascended to Celestia."

"Wow!" Your eyes were wide. "She must have been reaaaaally smart, Miss Apple!"

Amber reached up to touch her headband. "Miss... Apple? Er, never mind. Yes, Vennessa was smart, but she was also strong and kind. When she ascended, she became a falcon—the Falcon of the West, one of the Four Winds. Master Jean really looks up to her."

Lumine, who had been silent for some time now, suddenly spoke. "Say, Amber, aren't we a little pressed for time?"

"Yes. We need to reach the temple urgently. Those were Master Jean's words."

"But... we're still in the middle of the bridge." Lumine gestured around and accidentally startled a pigeon. A little boy standing nearby waved his fist angrily at her. "At this rate, the city might get attacked while we're away."

Paimon scratched her head. "Are you saying you want to teleport there first, Traveler?"

"Yes, if Amber doesn't mind," Lumine said. "I won't head in without you, Amber. I'll just scout out the area around the temple and make the necessary preparations."

After a moment's consideration, Amber nodded. "Fine by me. You are an experienced traveler, after all."

"What about (Y/N)?" you asked.

They all looked at you.

"Big Sis Lumi, you're not gonna leave (Y/N) behind, are you?"

"No, of course not. I'll teleport you there with me," Lumine replied. She picked you up, and you wrapped your arms around her neck.

You closed your eyes in anticipation. What would it feel like? Like flying? Like falling? For a few seconds, nothing happened. Then—

"Ow!" You opened your eyes to find yourself sprawled on the ground in the exact same place as before. The only difference was that Lumine was gone, her lingering warmth already vanishing from your skin.

Where'd Big Sis go? Did she teleport without me?

And where's Paimon? Did she go poof in a bunch of sparkles, like she always does? How come she can do that, and I can't?

"Big Sis! Paimon!" You didn't know what to do. You had just been reunited with them, and now they were gone—again. "Where are youuuuu?"

Why does everyone keep leaving me?