𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟴: 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗞𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗙𝗮𝘃𝗼𝗻𝗶𝘂𝘀

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

"What's your name, kid?" Kaeya asked. Even though he didn't sound angry, his voice was cold, void of any emotion. It was like ice on a frozen lake... you could skate freely across it, until the ice unexpectedly cracked and plunged you into the darkness.

"Um... um... (Y/N)." You fidgeted nervously, which Kaeya's sharp eyes didn't miss.

"Hmm. Doesn't sound local, and I've never seen you in Mondstadt before."

"(Y/N) just got here today..."

"Oh? Care to elaborate more on that?" Kaeya's hand rested lightly on the hilt of his sword, the gems on his outfit glimmering. His single visible eye seemed to see right through you. "Do you have any special reason for arriving here? Where are your parents?"

His grip on the sword tightened ever so slightly.

"(Y/N) just... just wants to..." Looking into Kaeya's eyes, you felt the same terror as you had when facing the guard earlier. You wanted to cower away and hide in someone's arms.

But this time, Venti wasn't here to save you. The entrance to the big stone building was empty of other people. There was only you and Kaeya.

There's no one around to protect me, except...

Me.

I can protect myself! I've got 20 Intelligence points! I won't let a grownup ruin my adventure!

"...(Y/N)'s parents aren't here right now." You stalled for time, meeting Kaeya's gaze. You crossed your arms to mimic his pose. Kaeya wasn't the only one around here who could act mysterious! "Where are your parents, Mister Blueberry?"

His face went blank, his easy smile flickering. He didn't even question the fact that you'd called him a blueberry. "My... parents?"

Ooh, that did something! I just need to say more stuff and figure out what's going on with him!

"Yeah. (Y/N)'s parents are... in a land far away. (Y/N) is an outsider in Mondstadt."

With every word you spoke, Kaeya's expression, though he tried to hide it, grew more and more conflicted. It was as if he were reliving his own memories through your words.

Meanwhile, you were thinking furiously.

The system said something about Khaereijiajh or something! Is Mister Blueberry from there?

Clearing his throat, Kaeya tried to regain his composure. "So you ran away from your parents? That's quite a bold thing to do."

"(Y/N)'s parents didn't want her around. They told her to go away and never come back." It was technically the truth. Your parents had spoken those words to you many times on particularly bad nights.

Blinking rapidly, Kaeya stepped backward. "...To never come back?"

"Earlier, a guard attacked (Y/N) just because of how (Y/N) looked. It was really scary to see his sword whooshing down." You lifted your gaze and stared him down. "Mister, you don't want (Y/N) around either. Are you gonna attack (Y/N) too?"