𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟰: 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗧𝗲𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗪𝗼𝗹𝗳

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

Halfway to the temple, you transformed back into a human. Although you moved faster as a mushroom, you wanted to hold Ms. Whopperflower's hand. She seemed pleased by your decision (though, of course, she tried not to show it). Unfortunately, your human form attracted some unwanted attention from the local monsters.

FWUMP!

"Ow!" You rubbed your aching back and turned just in time to see a green slime vanish into the soil. It blended right in with the grass, because of the leaves poking from the top of its head.

"Playground bullies," Ms. Whopperflower spat, annoyed. "Since you're new to the area, and relatively small, the local monsters think they can push you around. Walk a bit farther, and I'll show you how to get rid of them."

Sure enough, a few steps later, the slime returned to torment you. FWUMP!

This time, you fell onto your knees, knocked down by the impact. "Oof!"

"Aha!" Before the slime could slink away for the second time, Ms. Whopperflower seized it by its leaves, dangling it in the air. She took a deep breath. "How dare you accost (Y/N)! Do you wish to perish, you garden-variety slime? No wonder your mother abandoned you in the wilderness!"

Wanting to avenge your poor back, you chimed fiercely, "(Y/N)'ll make you into Slime salad! With veggies! And lotsa Sweet Flowers!"

As soon as Ms. Whopperflower let go of it, the terrified Slime fled across the grass, presumably to tell all its friends to leave you alone.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

Hilichurls were a different matter entirely. The first hilichurl camp you encountered had only two hilichurls, guarding a campfire. They seemed relatively easy to avoid, so you smiled, confident in Ms. Whopperflower's stealth skills.

To your horror, Ms. Whopperflower strolled right past the hilichurls (and tugged you along with her), as if she expected them to let you pass in peace. Even when the hilichurls shrieked in anger, she didn't react.

"Monsters don't attack other monsters," she said serenely, when you pointed anxiously at the advancing hilichurls.

"Ms. Whopperflower..."

"Yes?"

You yelped, breaking out of her grip as a hilichurl club swung down. "We're—we're humans right now!"

"Ah. You're right, little one. How troublesome." Ms. Whopperflower snapped her fingers, and an icicle appeared above one of the hilichurls. "Honestly, the state of this country is disgraceful. An old lady can't even go for a walk through the woods anymore." The icicle plunged down. "What's next? Someone is going to start hunting us Whopperflowers down one by one?"

The remaining hilichurl was on fire. You tried to blow out the fire, fanning it with your arms, but ended up setting the grass on fire too. You didn't get it! Blowing out the fire always worked on birthday candles.

I need ice to make the fire go bye-bye! But... I don't know how to snap my fingers... so I'll clap my hands instead!

You clapped your hands, expecting an icicle to drop down on the hilichurl. Instead, a tiny bubble of water shot towards the creature.