𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟬: 𝗙𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗕𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

But I only have 5 Strength points!

And... and I don't have a weapon like Big Sis and Miss Apple!

You trembled, ready to give up the quest and leave the fighting to Lumine and Amber. But then you remembered Miss Ivy's story.

The little duckling never gave up, even though it was small and weak! So I won't give up either. I only have 5 Strength points, but that's better than 0!

You thought about the sword you'd received as a reward from the system—the Harbinger of Dawn. You could use that, couldn't you?

But... swords remind me of that scary guard who wanted to cut me in half. I don't wanna use a sword...

For the first time, you noticed fruits and vegetables littering the ground next to you—an apple, a cabbage, some wheat. The crate you were hiding under must have been used for storing food. You picked up a carrot.

Carrots are sorta sharp, right?

Watching the progress of the battle through the slits in the box, you waited for the perfect moment to jump in. Amber was shooting arrows at one hilichurl, Lumine was fighting another one, and a third was approaching rapidly from the side entrance.

That one! I'll get that one!

Slowly, very slowly, you inched towards the third hilichurl, using your crate as a disguise. When it was practically next to you, you seized your chance. With a fierce battle cry of "Eat your veggies!", you sprang out and whacked the unsuspecting hilichurl with the pointy end of the carrot.

A glowing number appeared over the hilichurl, signifying how much damage you had done. You peered up at it. Thankfully, it was a number you recognized.

[1]

1 damage! Yayyy! I helped Big Sis!

Before the hilichurl could retaliate, you hid back under the crate, carrot in hand

Before the hilichurl could retaliate, you hid back under the crate, carrot in hand. Unfortunately, you soon heard a loud WHACK! and saw the wooden planks above you splinter.

Gasp! The meanie-churl is attacking my new house! 

As the hilichurl's club broke through the top of the crate, you crawled out. Fortunately, you had 50 Agility points, so you easily evaded the hilichurl, keeping far out of its reach. Spying another pile of barrels and crates across the room, you headed towards it.

At first, you planned on hiding in a crate, but the sight of the cylindrical barrels—just like the wheels on your broken-down tricycle—gave you an idea. You positioned yourself behind the nearest barrel and waited for the hilichurl to catch up.