𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟭: 𝗟𝘂𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗲'𝘀 𝗣𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗻𝘁

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

"What? You're going to give me a present... so I won't be angry?" Lumine sighed. "(Y/N)... that's not how it works. I'll ask you again: why did you put yourself in danger?"

The conversation didn't seem to be going in the right direction at all, so you blurted, "'Cause, um... the meanie-churl attacked (Y/N)! So (Y/N) had to run fast."

It's true, Big Sis!

Lumine still looked skeptical, so you dragged the broken crate over and showed it to her. "See, the meanie-churl broke (Y/N)'s house."

Lumine looked at Amber, stunned. "Do hilichurls have such an acute sense of smell? I thought (Y/N) was hidden well."

Wiping hilichurl blood off an arrow, Amber considered the question. "Not the ones I usually encounter, but there are many variants of hilichurls. Maybe the ones in these ruins are more sensitive than usual."

"This world truly is dangerous." Lumine was quiet, staring at the broken shards of wood on the ground. "We'd better get out of these ruins quickly."

"Big Sis... don't you wanna get your present?"

"Oh. Were you serious about that?" Lumine blinked in surprise. "Well... alright then."

While Lumine and Amber were talking, you had been thinking to yourself. Just now, you had been able to move the whole crate by yourself, with only a little stumbling and tripping—it was missing a few planks, but still. Did those new Strength points really make such a big difference?

Or was I just super-extra weak to begin with?

"Um... right! Present for Big Sis!" You shook your head, clearing all thoughts of status points out of your mind. "But you hafta cover your ears first! And close your eyes! (Y/N) doesn't wanna spoil the surprise."

Exchanging amused looks, Lumine and Amber did as you had said. Clearly, they believed they were humoring a child's foolish antics. Little did they know, it was because you had to access the system again.

"System, open inventory," you whispered.

A screen popped up, displaying all the items you had accumulated on your journey so far. More important items were listed at the top in a separate row, and common items like ingredients were listed one row below. Surprisingly, the system counted the Anemo Archon's Blessing as an item.

With a tap of your finger, you selected the sword on the inventory screen

With a tap of your finger, you selected the sword on the inventory screen. "System, 'Harbinger of Dawn', please!"

[Accessing 'Harbinger of Dawn'...]

You had never taken anything out of your inventory before. You wondered how it would work— would the items pop straight into your hand? Knowing your system, it wouldn't be that simple.