023. this war!

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE !

     IT WAS ALL HAPPENING so fast. estella was packing up her cell, and putting all of her bags in the car. they were sending the children, hershal and beth away into the woods just in case. the adults did have a plan. act like they left, but didn't. let the governor believe they ran, and then fight when they weren't expecting it. carl was angry that he wasn't allowed to stay and fight.

issy was also angry that they were even jeopardising the prison, the one safe place they'd had since the farm. she didn't understand why they couldn't just fight normally, but it just wasn't so simple. estella knew it was best not to question rick and the others orders, because it never got her in the wrong before. she trusted them, and she was okay with their decisions.

she didn't want to leave the prison behind, but she would rather do that than die a brutal death at the hands of philip, or get taken by her mother and forced to live amongst woodbury and act like a happy family with her.

estella walked over to daryl who sat on the floor beside his bike, putting his arrows into their rightful places. she rested her elbows on the bike, and her head in the palm of her hands as she watched him, her arrows on her back, too.

"ya all packed up?" he asked her, standing up.

"yeah, i got done a while ago. i don't have much stuff." she said back with a shrug. he just patted her on the back.

"ya get all ya games? y'er gonna need 'em if we have to drive far. you'll be bored in the car." he said.

"yup, i packed them all up in a separate bag, i got all my art stuff, too. hey! did you remember to get ariel from your cell?" she asked, a worried look on her face.

he pulled the little toy out of his pocket. "i sure did."

"good. i didn't want her to be left alone here." she said.

"yeah, she ain't. 'kay, go with rick. i'll see ya later. do as y'er told, all right?" he said, she nodded.

"i will. and hey, daryl?" she questioned, he gave her a nod. "be safe, okay? i don't wanna lose you. especially not to a man named philip."

daryl just laughed. "i ain't gettin' killed by no man named philip. you be safe, too."

she nodded, giving him a thumbs up and ran to rick. he drove them to the woods.

"all right. do not come back over there, we will come and get you. if it's safe, we'll head back into the prison, if it's not, we run and find somewhere else." rick explained.