𝟎𝟓𝟏, jesus christ!

CHAPTER FIFTY ONE !

CHAPTER FIFTY ONE !

Estella was sat in school, which wasn't something she had ever thought she would be sat in again. she had a pen in her hand, and a note book in front of her. a couple other kids were around her on the desks. ruby was sat next to her. the school was in a garage, so it didn't feel like an actual school. it was just as boring as actual school was, though. the younger kids would go in the morning, and the older kids, like carl and enid, would go for the afternoon.

on the bright side of things, jack had gotten the job as the teacher. he stood in front of a large white board as he scribbled down some maths questions for the class to answer. estella preferred math to english. he had been trying to learn her to read, but it was a slow process. the letters all jumbled up and made it hard for her. she'd gotten better though. jack said she'd be reading fully in no time.

"okay. i'm gonna need the answer for question number nine." jack said, turning around from the whiteboard.

"forty seven!" todd called out from the back of the class.

"wrong. anyone else?" jack looked around.

"sixty three." a girl called louise said, from the front of estella and ruby. she was smart at everything.

"that's correct. well done, louise." jack smiled.

"god, she is such a teachers pet." todd huffed.

"shut up. you're just jealous because she's smarter than you." estella rolled her eyes as she turned around to todd.

"you can't even read." todd scoffed, before mocking her. "jack, what does this word say? jack, i can't read this word!"

"that's enough. shut up before i send you home. i'm sure your dad won't be happy if you get send home from another class, will he, todd?" jack threatened.

todd sighed, rolling his eyes and crossing his arms. jack just rolled his eyes in return, before asking a couple more math questions for the class to answer. the only thing about jack being the teacher, was that he had to bite his tongue to the kids he didn't like. he had to be kind to them, and treat them as equals, when in reality, he wished he could slam todd's head into the desk fifty times every time he spoke, even if it was just a normal sentence.

estella felt something hit her shoulder a couple of minutes later. she furrowed her eyebrows, looking down on the floor to see a scrunched up piece of paper. she picked it up, and opened it up.

there was a badly drawn picture of a girl laid down on the floor, red surrounding her. an arrow pointed to her, and next to the arrow, read 'isabella.' estella quickly snapped her head around to see who had done it. just as she thought, james was laughing with alfie and todd.