𝟎𝟒𝟒, welcome to alexandria!

CHAPTER FORTY FOUR !

As soon as the group woke up, they all piled into the car and the RV to make the drive to alexandria. estella sat in the rv, her head resting on the table tiredly. aaron was in the back room with eric who was resting his ankle, sleeping on the bed as aaron watched over him.

noah grabbed a bottle of water and some pain killers, tapping estella's shoulder. she looked up at him, a confused look on her face. he pointed to the room that aaron was in. she got it instantly, and took the water and pills off him.

she made her way into the room where aaron was, and knocked lightly on the door. he turned his head, giving her a light smile, which she returned. she shook the pills in her hand.

"oh, um, i know it's time for another dose but i want to let him sleep until we get home." aaron said to her.

"no, it's for you. we have a lot of water now, so we don't need to be selfish. you need it." she said, sitting at the side of him.

"thank you." aaron gave her a smile, taking the pills and the water.

"is eric going to be okay?" estella asked, watching the man sleep, his mouth slightly agape.

"he's gonna be just fine, i'm sure of it." he replied.

"good. i hope so, because you love him. love is special, you see. you don't get much of it no more." estella shrugged.

"you're smart, estella." he told her.

she just laughed a little. "no i'm not. my teachers at school said i was too much of a chatter box to ever be smart."

"you are a chatter box, but you're a smart chatter box. your words are a gift, you should never be sorry for them."

"sasha doesn't think so." she huffed. "she said i voice my opinion too much, and i just put all the group at risk."

"she's wrong. i think you're strong. you're gonna make a big asset to your team one day. i can see it." he told her.

she gave him a smile. "i hope so. anyway, i'm gonna get back over there so they don't think i'm chewing your ear off."

estella said bye to aaron, and walked back to where they all were. she sat down on the sofa next to carol as she watched eugene and glenn play a game. sasha looked at her, making estella quickly turn away. that made sasha frown.