𝟎𝟓𝟐, pouring the bisquick!

CHAPTER FIFTY TWO !

CHAPTER FIFTY TWO !

Estella was stood next to daryl who attempted to fix the rv so that they could go to jesus' community. he had almost fixed it. it wouldn't be long before he did, and they could all be on the road. estella had been excited all morning, excited to see what it was all like, and excited to get outside the walls of alexandria for a little bit. she loved alexandria, but it did feel a little suffocating at some points. she liked to be out and about, going on adventures.

she had a bowl of cereal resting on her knee as she sat on the curb. it was some stale, dry fruit loops, but after being on the road and living off dog and squirrel, she had learnt to be appreciative of the food, even if it was dry and probably months expired — it wasn't something daryl had picked up off the side of the road.

she watched denise walk out of the house, walking up to daryl and holding out something in a plastic bag. estella quirked an eyebrow. it looked like mush. daryl held the same expression, looking down at the bag, and then back up at denise as she waited for him to take it out of her hands, expectantly.

"here. home made oat cake. complex carbohydrates and omega 3's." denise said, holding it out.

"nah. i'm good." daryl said, turning back around. "we're gonna make a pit stop. i'll pick up somethin' then."

"like rabies?" denise asked, making estella laugh quietly to herself as she poured another handful of fruit loops in her mouth.

"is this 'cause i tried to get ya that stuff?" daryl asked.

"yeah. and you remind me of someone i used to know." she said, handing him the oat cake.

"well, hope it tastes better than it looks. 'cause it looks like shit." daryl said, estella laughed again.

"shit's still better than roadkill." denise replied. "okay maybe- just eat it."

denise walked away, so daryl turned to face estella. "hey, giggles, want an oat cake?"

"gosh, no." she said, grimacing at the look of it. "i'm all good here with my fruit loops."

"you are a fruit loop." he said, grabbing a handful of them and shoving them in his mouth.

"ew! you have oily hands and you just touched my food! i can't eat it now." she huffed.

"there's literally three left." daryl scoffed.

"yeah, because your big ass hands took them all!" she said, making him laugh. she rolled her eyes and walked inside to put the bowl away, before running back out and jumping on his back without warning.