𝟎𝟕𝟔, never love again!

CHAPTER SEVENTY SIX !

The war had started. estella obviously wasn't taking part, and neither was carl, michonne, rosita, or jack. jack was going to, until they found out a woman at the hilltop was having trouble with her pregnancy and desperately needed some medication, and a child at the hilltop had diabetes, and was running low on insulin since the saviours had taken doctor carson and almost all their useful meds. estella wasn't the happiest about not joining in the war, but of course daryl wouldn't let her. it was a war. it wasn't a war like the war with the governor. it was a war with the saviours and negan. they were (debatably) worse than the governor ever was. estella had become sure that the governor would be a saviour if he'd have lived. maybe shane would've been, too. maybe even her mother.

jack and estella were going on a run to try and find some proper medication for the two sick people. they didn't really have a set time limit, just as fast as possible. they had no idea where they were going, just a map and a marker pen like the last run they had been on with carl, liv, and enid. if they were lucky, they wouldn't have to go too far out, and they could possibly find some closer to home. estella wished that they could actually have set routes like they used to. going on runs with no actual destination now was hard. runs used to be easy before, knowing where you were going and what you were going for. it was difficult now. she didn't like it. things were becoming more and more scarce. important stuff was becoming basically extinct.

they were in the car, the windows open to let the breeze through as it was pretty warm. jack was in the drivers seat, and estella was in the passenger seat as she didn't have to fight with a bunch of teens to get it this time, though she did wish that carl, enid and liv were going on the run with them, too. she had fun last time. she also felt a lot safer with a lot more people. she loved jack, and she felt a lot safer with jack than she did with anyone else, other than daryl and rick. he was probably third in line for the people she felt safest with. maggie came in at a close fourth, almost tying with jack.

"where are we going first?" estella asked, opening the map.

"we'll check out the convenience store on broadway first. there probably won't be much left, or maybe anything, but it won't hurt to look." jack replied, turning a corner.

"most places are probably completely looted already. it's a shame eugene turned out to be a snake. he could probably make insulin and pregnancy pills." estella rolled her eyes.

"it's all right. we'll find some, and we'll get it back to sholanda and prince." he said, estella furrowed her eyebrows.

"how on earth do you know their names?" she asked.