𝟎𝟖𝟗, rick grimes!

CHAPTER EIGHTY NINE !

Estella sat outside of her tent on a camping chair next to daryl. the two of them were eating chopped up apple slices. estella had her legs in a criss cross position, her knife sharpener in her legs as her paper plate of apple slices rested on the table next to her. she was scraping the blade against the sharpener as daryl had spent the last thirty minutes teaching her how to do it properly. it was a little difficult to pick up, but once she had got it, she was perfectly fine. daryl was a little paranoid to leave her with it in case she cut her fingers, though, so he stayed next to her until she was finished.

carol planned to return to the kingdom later that day, believing the saviours needed to learn to fend for themselves. after justin and arat were killed by the oceanside girls as an act of revenge, most of the saviours had already left the camp. estella thought that maybe carol was just sick of them and didn't want to carry them around like dead weight on her shoulders anymore, and covered it up with a nice way of saying 'they needed to learn,' and really meaning, 'they're selfish pieces of shit,' and leaving them all. either way, nobody blamed carol for her decision.

daryl noticed rick at the other end of the camp talking into his walkie, so he got up from his chair and walked over to him. estella also put down her things, following after daryl eagerly to know what was going on. rick and daryl still weren't completely on the best of terms after what happened with negan and stuff. estella really hoped that they'd be back to normal soon. she missed them. she missed it all. she hated how everyone was all split up.

"hey. what's goin' on?" daryl asked, standing with his hand on his hip.

"maggie's headed to alexandria. she's about to do something she might regret." rick said, getting his horse ready to go. estella knew that 'doing something she might regret,' meant killing negan. but to be honest, estella didn't think maggie would regret that.

"hop on. i'll take ya." daryl said to him, making estella frown.

"you sure? we got enough fuel?" rick asked, daryl nodded.

"you said you'd spend the day with me." estella said, poking his arm, making him look at the sad expression she had on her face.

"i know, i'm sorry. i'll be back, you just stay round here n' see if there's anythin' to do. i heard jack's goin' to try n' hunt somethin'. why don't you see if he can take ya?" he asked her.

she sighed. "all right. i'll tell him you said he has to take me."

daryl playfully rolled his eyes before walking off, going to his bike. rick followed behind him. estella readjusted the hat on her head before making her way through the camp that was the least busy it had been all month. she couldn't see jack's face in the small crowd, though. she knew that if he wasn't around camp, he'd be in his own tent, in the infirmary tent annoying ottie, or had already left hunting and she completely missed him. she headed to his tent first, but he wasn't there, either.