𝟏𝟏𝟖, i've got you!

tw: i'll put a ⚠️ where it is

As soon as the pair got up, they left the cabin and got back on the dirt bike. unfortunately for them, it broke down after thirty minutes, leaving them forty minutes away from alexandria, having to walk back. they decided they'd just take their time, though, as it had already been a day since they'd left without telling a soul, and would definitely be in so much trouble when they returned like nothing had happened, with nothing to show for their reasoning of going out except for two fish that were probably mouldy from being in estella's backpack for the entire night and half the day.

they had just accepted the fact that they were going to be yelled at, and were making most of the free time they had, messing around in the woods and climbing trees. kasper, of course, was in a bad mood about his dirt bike breaking down. he really liked it. he just wanted to bring it back to alexandria so that somebody could fix it, but it was too heavy for the two of them to push all the way back. estella just said it wasn't worth lugging all the way home.

since estella had woken up, she had been going a little dizzy, on and off. she decided not to say anything, though. it was her choice to go out, even though she knew she shouldn't have. she knew she was on alexandria arrest for a reason. every time she moved too fast, her vision would blur, and she'd get a sharp pain in her head. she didn't want to say anything, though. she didn't want to worry kasper about something he didn't have to worry about.

"you good?" kasper asked her, as he walked at the side of her.

"yeah, just a little tired." estella replied, giving him a small smile.

"you can sleep properly tonight. hey, whilst we're on our way, we should check some of these houses." kasper said, as they were in a neighbourhood with a couple wooden houses opposite each other.

"there's no point. houses are the first places people check. there'll be nothing in them. nothing useful, anyway." estella answered.

"it doesn't need to be useful. besides, i don't wanna go back to alexandria so fast. i like being out, i'm used to it. alexandria is just a little too normal." he said, shrugging his shoulders.

"fine, we'll look in a couple of them. make sure you get ready to kill some walkers. have your sword ready, the houses could be filled with them. or worse, maybe people." she said back, walking to the porch steps of a decent sized house with a teal door.

"i'll go in first, you go behind me." kasper said, pushing himself in front of estella, putting his hand on the circle doorknob.

kasper counted down from three with this fingers, before he got the door open. loud growls were heard as walkers came stumbling towards them, from the kitchen area. estella took a deep breath, before getting ready to aim with her crossbow for the first time since she lost an eye. kasper was killing them with ease, with his sword. estella shot her crossbow, and much to her surprise, she still managed to hit the walker directly in the forehead.