𝟎𝟔𝟗, lying is okay, sometimes!

CHAPTER SIXTY NINE !

Estella and daryl were in the field next to carol's mini cabin, just waiting for ezekiel, jerry and another guard to leave. carol was on the porch. estella couldn't help but think that it was a little bit like stalking or something along those lines. she had been none stop teasing daryl about carol since what he said about her. laying down next to a bunch of grave stones wasn't on her bucket list, but there she was. she didn't know if she was spying on ezekiel or carol. she felt a little creepy, but she didn't mind. she was just doing what daryl wanted her to do.

they were waiting for them to leave so they could go and visit her. daryl had warned her that if she said anything embarrassing then he would feed her to the walkers limb by limb. she obviously knew that he wouldn't, so she continued. she wasn't going to give up that easily. she found great entertainment in teasing him.

"are you gonna stand on the porch and sing her a love song?" she asked, making kissy noises.

"you really wanna be walker food today, don't you?" he replied.

"sorry. it's not my fault you're totally making me spy on her right now!" she yelled in a whisper.

"we ain't spyin', we're observin'. there's a difference." he said. estella furrowed her eyebrows. she didn't know if there really was a difference between spying and observing. they both seemed pretty much the same to her.

"i don't think laying in long grass with crickets next to some damn grave stones is observing, but okay." she said, watching ezekiel leave. "your opponent has left."

"opponent?" daryl raised his eyebrows.

"yeah. the king, you know the man in the way of you and carol?" she shrugged, getting up and dusting off her blue jeans.

he rolled his eyes. "damn, you really are so fuckin' annoying."

estella laughed, skipping her way through the field and up to the porch steps. daryl walked up them like a normal human, knocking on the door. she kept looking at him with a smile as she waited for carol to answer. she could see him fiddling with his fingers, nervously. she didn't know why he was nervous. it wasn't like he didn't know carol. carol was his best friend. she had been for years, so why was he getting nervous now?

estella wasn't nervous, she was actually excited to see carol. she had missed her a lot. she didn't know how much she'd miss carol until she was actually gone. she was a big part of estella's life.

she wanted to make another joke, but she didn't. she decided to keep it cool and play it casual. she didn't want to embarrass him in front of carol, it was just a little joke for when she wasn't there. estella would never put daryl through the embarrassment of saying the stuff she said when carol wasn't there, when she was really there.