Chapter One

Chapter one
New guy

"Evan Buckley, I swear to God if you're not ready in five I'm leaving without you!" Everlyn yelled from outside the apartment her twin was living in.

Somehow before Buck even came to LA Everlyn managed to get an apartment right next to her twins future girlfriend. So now after his girlfriend —abby— left, Buck practically moved in and is "watching" the place til she gets back from wherever she was.

"Jesus Evie I'm coming." Buck swung open the door with his work bag swung over his shoulder.

"Great!" The blonde clapped with a smile. "Let's go."

As soon as the twins stepped out into the hot LA weather sweat started to form on their bodies.

"Why does it have to be so damn hot." Eve groaned as she unlocked her truck doors.

"I believe it's because our part of the planet is tilted towards the sun." Buck replied. "Plus it's summer in LA."

Eve glared daggers at her brother. "Thanks Buck the wise, I so didn't know that. Do you want a medal?"

"Actually I'd love a medal."

"You're going to get kicked out of my truck if you don't shut up in the next five seconds." Eve threatened, as she turned on her engine and the AC. "Air. sweet, sweet air."

AS SOON as the twins arrived at the fire station Buck got a notification about us DXA scan, which was his current obsession as Eve would like to call it.

"I got another DXA scan." Buck announced to their fellow firefighters. "And guess who dropped another half percent."

"What?" Hen questioned rather confused on what he was even talking about.

"A DXA scan measures your body fat." The boy explained as he showed her his phone that had his body scan presented on it. "You can see your percentage in every part of your body."

"Oh yeah?" Chimney questioned walking up to the group. "They measure the fat in your head?"

"Ah, see that would be funny," buck answered. "But we're about a week away from submissions being due for the Hot Days, Smoldering Nights: men of the LAFD wall calendar and I'm already at my goal weight, so it seems like my head is clearly working perfectly."

"Do you really need to use that whole title?" Hen inquired. "You could just say 'that idiotic, reductive, sexist calendar that insults the dignity of this organization and furthers the myth that all firefighters are male." As she spoke her fake smile continued to drop until it was serious and almost pissed.

"Amen sister!" Eve commented holding up her hand for Hen to high five, which she gladly did. "It's a calendar for horny people."

"Yeah, that's not any less words." Buck spoke.

"Hen, come on, it's for charity." Bobby stated which made both Hen and Eve turn their heads to face their police captain in shock by his words.

"No. Bobby, you, too?" Hen asked shocked.

"This is outrageous." Eve added.