Chapter Thirty Five

S3ep4- Triggers

The ending of this chapter hurts but the beginning of the next kinda also hurts...but in a good way :)

Chapter Thirty Five
Painful Emotions

THE DIAZ family was currently spread out in the living room. Eddie and Eve where on the couch snuggled together while Christopher was asleep on the floor with the dogs, his head on Zeus and Apollo's head in his stomach.

"What about Bailey?" Eddie suggested scrolling through baby names on Eve's laptop.

"Wren's dog's name is Bailey." Eve stated.

"So no." Eddie muttered scrolling through names.

"Go to the C." Eve instructed. "We can try matching with Chris."

"Not a bad idea Mrs.Diaz." Eddie nodded as he scrolled down the list to the letter C.

"I know Mr.Diaz, I'm quite smart." Eve began reading as Eddie scrolled down the line of C names. "What about Camilla?"

"Mmm." Eddie hummed in disagreement. "I don't know."

"Alright, moving on."

"Caitlyn?" Eddie offered pointing to the name on the laptop screen.

"Maybe." Eve nodded as Eddie kept scrolling.

"This one." The pair pointed to the same name.

The couple chuckled and closed the laptop and cuddling together while looking at the dogs and Christopher.

AS NORAML Eve went to the fire station with Eddie because being cooped up in the house sucked.

"I'm so tired." Eve complained to hen as she released a yawn. "Between sunshine relaxing in my rib cage and Christopher waking up screaming and crying, sleep is nonexistent."

"Wait til you have the little thing." Hen chuckled as she helped Eve down the stairs. "She'll keep you up at all hours if the night crying."

Eve huffed. "They're worth it right?"

"Oh yeah." Hen answered as they reached the final step.

"Oh carful." Eve commented as she watched her brother strut into the fire station.

"Hall monitor'a here." Hen told Eddie and Chimney who came out of the men's changing room.

"You guys paint?" Buck questioned looking around the fire house. "Why does the place look smaller?"

"I think your head just got bigger." Chimney retorted causing everyone to chuckle.

"So fire marshal Buck decides to drop off his report in person." Bobby stated coming down from the balcony. "Is that a sign of maturity? Or is it just revenge for all the times I've written you up?"

"You wrote him up for valid reasons cap."Eve told the fire captain.

"Aren't you supposed to be at home?" Buck looked behind him to his sister who was hugging her husband's arm.

"Not yet." Eve stated. "Got a couple weeks before that."

Buck shook his head before turning back to Bobby. "You passed." Buck revealed the results for their fire drill earlier that week. "I bumped up the numbers, got fancy with the math."

"You don't know math." Eddie commented.

"Which will be my excuse if anybody calls me out on it." Buck informed his friend. "Speaking of, did any of you guys get a call from that lawyer?"