Chapter Sixty Three

S4Ep1-The new Abnormal

Season 4 let's goooooo

Chapter Sixty Three
Cup of Coffee

"YOU KNOW WHAT I miss?" Maddie questioned her siblings and boyfriend through the video call. "I miss caffeine."

Before covid hit the world Maddie had found out she was pregnant. But due to covid Chimney had decided it was best if you moved in with Eve and Eddie and Albert move in with Maddie because he didn't want to get her sick and end up doing something to the baby.

"I don't think I'd survive without a cup of coffee in the morning." Wren admitted through her side of the video call as she made her own cup of coffee.

Chimney normally tried calling Maddie in the morning while Eve made breakfast and sometimes Buck and Wren would join the call and put in their two cents.

"Same." Eve agreed as she rounded the kitchen counter where chimney waited for breakfast and talked to Maddie.

"You were mean without it," Eddie stated coming up beside his wife to take a piece of sausage she just cooked causing Eve to smack his hand with the spatula she was using to make eggs.

"I was not," Eve glared at her husband. "I was hormonal, and you sir can wait like everyone else to eat if I decide to feed you."

"You were a little mean," Buck agreed with Eddie. "And I do not want to be in the same room as you if you don't have coffee." He turned his attention to Wren.

"I'm not that bad," Wren retorted. "Im just a little grumpy without it."

"A little?" Buck sassed causing Wren to smack his arm with the back of her hand and him to laugh.

"I mean, we're sleeping great..." Maddie continued after chuckling at her siblings and their partners side conversations.  "The morning sickness is gone. We're in the sweet spot."

"Until you're not." Eve commented, as she finished preparing eggs and put them on a plate. "Soon the little bean will love resting in your ribcage and then playing games on your bladder even more than they do now"

"Thanks Eve." Maddie rolled her eyes and snickered.

"I really need my cup of joe in the morning." Maddie complained.

"Yeah," chimney started. "Well, that's no longer part of your complete breakfast."

"Can't she have one cup though? Didn't your doctor say it was fine?" Wren questioned leaning against the counter where the tablet was.

Eve started putting the plates of food on the island so everyone could serve themselves. "I snuck in at least one while I was alone, and Charlie isn't deformed, well unless she is blessed with my epilepsy gene."

"Not helping." Chimney glanced at the woman who smiled while handing him a plate.

"You drank coffee?" Eddie questioned, looking at his wife in slight shock. "And if she does have epilepsy, everything will be fine, I mean look at you."

Eve shrugged, putting food on her plate.

"Peppermint tea." Albert came into view placing a coffee mug in front of Maddie. "Delicious."