Chapter Four

Chapter Four
Shaky

Eve felt it was now necessary for her to get a house, a bigger home. It's not that she was ready for marriage or having children, she just felt like she needed more room. She had a hyper active dog that could use a big yard.

So here she stood an hour before she's needed to be at work looking at the navy blue house with white trim And porch. (Added picture at the end, I'm not great at describing things)

"Ms. Buckley?" A sweet feminine voice inquired from behind the blonde.

Eve turned around to come face to face with a pretty brunette who she'd guess was in her late 20s early 30s. "That would be me." She smiled holding out her hand. "But please, call me Eve."

"Well Eve, I'm Lucy Zane." Lucy smiled taking the blondes hand and giving it a firm shake.

The tour of the house didn't take but half an hour, Eve fell in love with the home, it was the perfect size for her, Zeus, and maybe one day someone else.

The house had a grayish brown hard wood floor, an open kitchen that looked into the living room. It had three bedrooms and two bathrooms.

"I think this is the one, Lucy." Eve beamed at the relator. "It's perfect, the backyard is big for my dog and the interior and exterior are beautiful."

Lucy smiled from ear to ear, so far she was the only who truly liked the house, even if it was just as Eve put it, it was beautiful. "That's wonderful, I hope that we can arrange something for you."

"Yes, but right now I do need to go to work, I'll be in touch with you." Eve spoke. "It was a pleasure meeting you, thank you for the tour."

"Of course."

And with that Eve, happy as could be, jumped into her truck and went straight to work, to start her hopefully good shift.

"What's got you in a happy mood?" Hen immediately asked once she spotted the bubbly blonde.

"I might've just found the house for me, there for I don't have to live beside my brother." She answered.

"Hey!" Buck's voice shouted from behind his twin. "You love living next to me."

"Do I?" Eve inquired, walking away to go out her work clothes on.

Once changed Eve went upstairs at the smell of food. Just like every shift, someone ends up cooking something for the team and they eat as a big family.

"You ever feel like you missed your calling, Cap?" Chimney asked once Bobby placed an omelet in front of him.

"What are you thinking?" Bobby asked making the next omelet. "Michelin-rates restaurant of short order cook?"

"I was thinking tv chef."

"Oh I can see that." Eve commented "you make wonderful food."

"Years of practice." The captain stated.

"I mean," chim continued. "What you do, it's like performance art."

"Mhm, and much like watching cooking on TV, we never get to taste anything." Hen added looking at the ban Bobby was cooking with, waiting for something to eat. "Usually by the time it hits the table, the bell goes off."