𝟎𝟑 | 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡

After running away from home, Bonnie was in her element while on tour with The Winters. It was on this tour that the very seeds of her career were planted. Not only did she learn from like-minded musicians, she even learned the ropes of everything going on behind the scenes. It was on this tour that Bonnie had also met a lifelong friend.

Karen : The first time I met Bonnie she was doing bumps with our bassist.

Bonnie : [Shrugs] It was the seventies.

Karen : Rick formally introduced us during rehearsals.

Bonnie : I mean Karen was just the coolest chick you could ever meet.

Karen : I knew we would be friends for life as soon as she started critiquing the band during rehearsals.

Bonnie : The guitarist could've even play a simple G-chord, I mean come on!

Karen : In his defence, he was higher than usual that day.

Bonnie : In my defence, I was higher than usual that day.

However, Bonnie quickly learned that every high came with a low.

Bonnie : I quickly learned that Rick wasn't the best guy.

Karen : Rick Marks was a complete and utter arse and I have no idea what he was doing with Bonnie in the first place. Bonnie was like a diamond ring you had to have handmade at a jewellers and Rick was an onion ring you would find on the floor of a run down fast food restaurant.

Bonnie : I can't remember much of those days to be entirely honest with you, but I do know that is when I started songwriting.

Karen : At the beginning of tour, Bonnie was a radiating person that lit up every single room she walked into. By the time the last leg of the tour had come around, she was the opposite.

Bonnie : Sometimes the people closest to you just know how to drain the life out of you. Now I know that those people don't deserve to be in your life at all.

Karen : There is not one nice thing I could say about any of my former bandmates. I couldn't even tell you the difference between them, they were all arseholes.

Bonnie : Yeah, after shows me and Karen usually split from the rest of the group and went out by ourselves.

Karen : Now, those were the best nights of the tour.

Bonnie : [Laughs] The amount of shit we used to get up to.

Karen : There was this one time when we met these twins and they would not leave us alone.

Bonnie : So we brought them to some five-star hotel we couldn't possibly afford.

Karen : One of them just whipped out their daddy's credit card at the front desk.

Bonnie : We stole the key and locked them out of the room.

Karen : We may or may not have also charged a shit tonne of room service to their account.

Bonnie : I don't know how we got away with it, they weren't even there the next day.

Karen : The band didn't even question where we were when we got back.

Bonnie : Unfortunately, that was the last of our rendezvous.

Karen : Everything changed when The Dunne Brothers came into the picture.