𝟑𝟖 | 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧

Word of tensions within the band spread as well as concerns about the continuation of the tour.

Karen : We were all in the waiting room when Warren, Rod and Billy showed up.

Graham : The doctor had approached us about an hour before the others showed up and informed us that Bonnie was awake and stable.

Eddie : We also weren't allowed to see her, so obviously there was something else going on.

Billy : None of them knew what was wrong with her.

Karen : The doctor wouldn't discuss her condition with anyone who wasn't a direct family member or a partner.

Graham : We pointed Warren in the direction of the doctor as soon as he arrived.

Billy : It couldn't have been good, man.

Graham : All I remember was Warren talking to the doctor, burying his face in his hands and then following him through the doors that presumably led to wherever Bonnie was.

Eddie : [Shrugs] What else was there to do but wait?

Warren : It was a lot, man. The doctor led me to Bonnie's ward and she was just lying there, staring out the window.

Bonnie : I heard Warren walk in, but I couldn't bring myself to face him.

Warren : [Tears up] I asked her if she knew, she just shook her head and buried her face in her hands.

Bonnie : Warren sat down in the chair next to me, but that wasn't close enough so I moved over and he lay next to me in the bed. We held each other as we cried.

Warren : Bonnie kept blaming herself and apologising, but it wasn't anyone's fault.

Bonnie : At the time, I saw myself as the common denominator for everything that went wrong in my life. My relationship to my family, my school years, my past relationships, any tensions within the band, my lifestyle and [tears up] losing that baby was the final straw.

Warren : We were both heartbroken, but Bonnie ... she let her mind run.

Bonnie : I wasn't really myself for a while after that.