𝟏𝟖 | 𝐃𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐧

The band continued to practice in anticipation of Billy's return.

Graham : We did what we could to keep the band going while Billy was gone. Most of the credit goes to Bonnie for that.

Karen : Bonnie had brought a whole new energy to the sessions.

Bonnie : Without Billy bossing us around, we could do whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted. We were able to just play music and enjoy it for what it was.

Warren : Obviously some of us had jobs and other responsibilities to work around, but we managed to practice at least three times a week.

Graham : For the first few weeks, we just played our old songs and maybe the odd cover here and there.

Warren : Then this one day, out of nowhere, Bonnie approached us with a cheeky smile on her face and a notebook in her hands.

Eddie : Turns out, Bonnie had kept herself busy. I almost forgave her for missing her shifts down at the bar.

Bonnie : I mean, I was nervous but what was the worst that could happen? We were family and if they didn't like what I had, we would've been able to leave it and move on.

Karen : There were some incredible songs in that notebook.

Graham : We played a few of them that day and we just kept playing them after that.

Eddie : Those songs are what kept us going through that rough patch. Who knew Bonnie was such a talented songwriter? I sure didn't.

Camilla : Of course I knew, [smiles] Bonnie would come to me after she wrote a song and play it for me.

Bonnie : Camilla and I spent a lot of time together after Billy left. We just clicked, you know? We had become sisters during that time and I really valued her opinion.

Camilla : I was more than happy to listen to Bonnie's songs. I think my favourite song would have to be Canyon Blues.

Karen : Canyon Blues was a good one.

Eddie : Take The Night piqued my interest.

Graham : I don't know, man, they were all really good. Habit had a sick riff in it, though.

Warren : Lighter was definitely my favourite, but maybe I'm just biased.

Bonnie : It was nice hearing them all as fully fleshed out songs. When I was writing them it was just me and an acoustic guitar, but now the whole band was involved and the songs were truly coming to life.

Karen : We were convinced we would have an album ready by the time Billy came back.

Graham : We just felt like a band again, you know? We were driven to get more music out there, something we had all worked on.

Bonnie : Oh yeah, there was plenty of room for collaboration. I just had words on a page and a bit of a melody. Everyone was able to chip in and I think that's what made those few months so special.

Camilla : From what I heard, they had an album put together and they were just waiting for Billy to come back so they could record it.

Bonnie : [Chuckles] We were so far up our own asses, we forgot it was Billy we were talking about.

Eddie : I knew that Billy would not accept what we had done, but I was willing to fight for it, I think we all were.

Warren : Little did we know, Billy had other plans entirely.