𝟒𝟗 | 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧

———

On October 4, 1977 Daisy Jones & The Six performed to a sold out crowd at Solider Field in Chicago Illinois.

———

It would be their final performance.

———

The following morning, the band left for Chicago, Illinois.

Warren : [Chuckles] We were all so hungover, man. It wasn't the best way to start the day.

Daisy : Everyone had their own shit going on at the time. I don't think anyone was in the mood for an early flight.

Karen : Bonnie, Camilla and I went to the clinic earlier in the morning and I still hadn't told Graham.

Graham : I could tell something was off with Karen but, I don't know, I didn't think too much of it.

Bonnie : I really felt for her. I know what it's like to not have the one person you need by your side. Camilla and I tried our best to be there for her, but we weren't the ones she needed.

Camilla : With everything going on with Karen, I didn't say anything about Daisy and Billy. We all saw what was going on with them but ... I don't know, something just clicked when I caught them together.

Billy : Camilla seemed distant. I thought it was because she was hungover like the rest of them, but when we landed I realised that was not the case.

Warren : I didn't have any complaints, I had the most beautiful woman in the world sleeping on my lap for the entire flight.

Bonnie : I wasn't sleeping.

Rod : Once everyone was ready to go, we took off and were on our way to Chicago.

Bonnie : [Shakes head] Fucking Chicago.

Warren : We arrived in Chicago at around noon.

Graham : Rod gave us the keys to our rooms and we were free until soundcheck at four.

Daisy : Simone met us at the hotel and we went for lunch to catch up.

Billy : I tried to talk to Camilla, but she was mad at me and she wouldn't say why.

Camilla : As if he didn't know.

Warren : Picture this, two newly weds were just handed the keys to a fabulous room in a five star hotel in Chicago. Sounds great, right?

Bonnie : Nope, we were on Eddie duty.

Warren : We tried to cheer Eddie up, he was in such a bad mood after the Pittsburgh show. That guy had no idea how lucky he was. It was like everyone was having a great time except for him.

Bonnie : [Shrugs] Not everyone ...

Eddie : I had enough of being treated like a second class citizen. Billy took my own guitar from me in my hometown. [Shakes head] Not cool.

Warren : There wasn't anything we could say to convince him.

Bonnie : We left him to wallow in self-pity for a bit.

Warren : You couldn't be around that, man. It's not good for your health.

Bonnie : Warren and I went back to our room for a bit.