𝟑𝟔 | 𝐂𝐨𝐧

As tour continued, tensions grew within the group.

Karen : Once we had settled back into tour life, things started to get a bit tense.

Bonnie : There was never a dull moment on that tour, I'll tell ya that.

Eddie : I mean, obviously Daisy and Billy had their thing going on. Nothing new there.

Karen : I think what surprised us the most was when Bonnie went after Nicky.

Graham : We had the chance to get to know Nicky one night on the bus, and uh, [laughs] Bonnie was not impressed.

Bonnie : Nicky Fitzpatrick. An Irish Prince. Do you hear yourselves?

Warren : [Laughs] That Fucker was a con artist.

Karen : Graham probably shouldn't have brought it up.

Graham : It was Daisy that mentioned it to us during rehearsals, I merely asked a few follow up questions as one does when they're intoxicated.

Eddie : Unfortunately for Nicky, Angry Drunk Bonnie had made an appearance that night.

Bonnie : I was not angry, I was curious.

Graham : [Laughs] For starters, she accused Nicky of having a fake name.

Bonnie : Accused is a strong word, I merely suggested that Nicky Fitzpatrick wasn't a real name. Like, seriously, I couldn't think of a single person from Ireland with the name 'Nicky' or the surname 'Fitzpatrick.'

Karen : Then she asked about his status.

Bonnie : Royalty had not been a thing in Ireland since the rebels drove the British monarchy out of there a hundred years ago.

Warren : To be fair, I don't think many of us believed that part.

Eddie : [Laughs] After he'd explained his whole royalty thing, she asked him if he had ever actually been to Ireland.

Bonnie : [Chuckles] Dublin. Prince Nicky Fitzpatrick was from Dublin. You know, con artists could at least try and be a bit more creative. That Fucker had twenty-six counties to choose from.

Graham : Nicky was clearly agitated from all of Bonnie's questions, so she defused the tension by holding her hand out to him and saying something to him in Irish.

Karen : I don't know what Bonnie said, but Nicky replied with a smile and said 'You too.'

Bonnie : I said 'Hello.'

Warren : Come on, man, even I knew that ... after Bonnie told me.

Eddie : That wasn't even the bad part. The following day, Daisy went up to Bonnie during soundcheck and freaked out on her.

Daisy : It wasn't my best moment.

Bonnie : I mean, I get where she was coming from. I did question her husband's legitimacy.

Graham : It got pretty messy after that.

Eddie : Bonnie started talking back.

Warren : Daisy started shoving.

Karen : Warren tried to separate them.

Graham : Then Nicky got involved.

Billy : I walked in to see a cluster of people fighting and yelling onstage.

Graham : Billy was pretty quick to put a stop to it.

Karen : Once everyone had backed off, Daisy approached Bonnie one more time.

Eddie : I thought she was gonna slap her or something.

Bonnie : I was pointed at with an accusing finger and called a two-faced bitch.

Daisy : Like I said, not my best of moments.

Billy : Then Daisy walked out.

Eddie : Bonnie yelled something along the lines of 'Sorry for giving a shit!' after her, before walking in the opposite direction.

Karen : Nicky went after Daisy and Warren went after Bonnie.

Graham : I seriously thought that was the end. That was it, the tour was over.

Eddie : Unfortunately for us, we lasted much longer than that.

Warren : When I caught up to Bonnie, she had a cigarette in her hand and tears streaming down her face.

Bonnie : Warren wrapped his arms around me.

Warren : Bonnie kept saying 'I'm sorry. I always fuck everything up.'

Bonnie : Warren told me that wasn't true, but it was only a matter of time before he'd realise it too.