𝟐𝟗 | 𝐁𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝

The Aurora Sessions had kicked off.

Warren : It was nice, man. Daisy and Billy would be off writing songs for most of it and the rest of us had some downtime.

Graham : Obviously we had our part to play. Every now and then we'd get called in to record our parts on a track. For the most part, it was pretty chill.

Eddie : What I liked was the element of freedom we had this time around, albeit a small one.

Bonnie : [Sighs] Things were just a bit ... questionable with Daisy and Billy.

Karen : Camilla, Bonnie and I were catching up over a glass of wine one time and Camilla told us that Billy had been acting ... different.

Eddie : I mean, we all noticed it, man. It was just something we didn't talk about.

Warren : Yeah, man. I even brought it up with Bonnie once and she just called Billy an idiot. Pretty standard response from Bonnie but, I don't know, we usually talked about those kinds of things, like in depth, but this was just off limits for everyone.

Bonnie : Whatever it was, it was working. The songs they were writing were great.

Graham : Yeah, I mean, everything was going great until the day we had to get the vocals recorded for Aurora.

Billy : Daisy didn't show up. I knew something was up, so I went to go find her.

Eddie : [Shrugs] What else was there to do but wait?

Karen : We were waiting around in the studio for quite some time when Teddy called it a day.

Eddie : I still don't know where those two were that whole time.

Bonnie : That was the time we had that reporter following us around, too. [Laughs] I'm sure he ate the whole thing up.

Warren : Speaking of, I can't remember what we did to grab his attention, I think we must've been holding hands or something when we walked out of the studio.

Bonnie : [Laughs] No, it was bad. We thought we were the only ones left in the studio. We got a little bit, uh, frisky in the sound booth.

Warren : Oh shit, no I remember.

Bonnie : We didn't notice anything until we heard a voice come from one of the speakers.

Warren : [Laughs] Imagine hearing 'Can I get a quote?' out of nowhere in the middle of a make-out session.

Bonnie : Busted.

Warren : We were not in the position to be interviewed, literally, but then again maybe that's exactly why he interviewed us.

Bonnie : I still remember the mischievous grin on his face when we approached him.

Warren : I don't know, man, he started asking us about, well, us, and it wasn't exactly what we wanted in the article.

Bonnie : [Shrugs] Billy said it once, I don't need to say it again. A picture was definitely being painted, though.

Warren : I could tell Bonnie was also getting uncomfortable with the whole thing, so I asked if there was any way he could not put anything about us in the article.

Bonnie : It was never gonna be that easy, he wanted a better story in exchange for it.

Warren : Probably not our proudest moment, but we started talking about Daisy and Billy.

Bonnie : That's the image they wanted to put out there, right? The two of them being all ... them. Might as well feed into it.

Jonah : At the end of the day, Billy and Daisy were the stars of the show. Sure, some people would've been interested in the relationship between the drummer and the guitarist of the band, but even more people would want to know about the relationship between Daisy Jones and Billy Dunne.

Warren : [Chuckles] We gave him something, anyways. You know what he said after that, though?

Bonnie : 'If you let me follow up tomorrow, I won't even mention the ring on your finger.'

Warren : Then he walked away.

Bonnie : [Laughs] How bad is that? Jonah fucking Berg figured out we were engaged before any of our friends - family, even - did.

Warren : We should have just let him put us in the article, [laughs] maybe then the rest of them would've figured it out sooner.

Graham : How were we supposed to know? After that one interview we did, we all just assumed Bonnie was fond of rings and just wore them on whatever fingers she wanted to.

Eddie : Even if I had noticed, I wouldn't have believed it. Not after the pregnancy prank.

Karen : I think we all were pretty clueless when it came to Bonnie and Warren.

Camilla : [Smiles] Not all of us.