𝟐𝟑 | 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐭

After Billy shared his new song 'Honeycomb' with Teddy, The Six were booked into the studio. The song, however, was improved by the song-writing and vocals of Daisy Jones.

Daisy : That was when I first met The Six.

Warren : Teddy thought a female vocalist might give us some edge.

Bonnie : Me? No, it wasn't my thing back then and Billy would've ended me if I had even tried.

Billy : Teddy showed the song to a woman called Daisy Jones.

Eddie : We had never heard of her then, I mean, no one had.

Graham : You know Billy, he wasn't thrilled with the idea. I mean, you have to keep in mind that we didn't know who this woman was or how Teddy had found her.

Karen : I thought it was a great idea and, clearly, I was right to think so. Our lives changed when Daisy Jones walked into the studio that day.

Bonnie : [Chuckles] Daisy walked in, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, a breath of fresh air if you will, and then there was Billy.

Daisy : I was excited, you know? It was like everything had finally started happening for me.

Eddie : Billy didn't like the idea of sharing the spotlight with someone, that was evident.

Warren : Daisy was cool, man. We talked to her before she started recording the song and she seemed pretty chill.

Bonnie : [Laughs] I just remember Daisy asking for a glass of milk and a glass of whiskey.

Eddie : Once Billy and Daisy started recording, we came to the conclusion that Daisy had never actually recorded anything before.

Graham : I trusted that Teddy knew what he was doing, but it was definitely questionable at the time.

Eddie : [Chuckles] I asked where Daisy's pants were and Warren just said 'Who cares?'

Bonnie : I was standing right there, obviously I whacked the back of his head.

Warren : [Rubs head] I don't know how Bonnie got hold of my drumsticks that day.

Karen : Once they had started recording, it was clear that the audience was making Daisy uncomfortable, so I got the boys out of there by telling them Deb was working.

Warren : Not me, man, I wasn't falling for that one. Bonnie was right there and she still had my drumsticks.

Bonnie : I also had to leave the room.

Warren : Eddie and Graham were sitting in the lounge with Deb when we walked out.

Bonnie : I pulled Warren into the nearest closet before they could see us.

Warren : [Chuckles] I'm pretty sure most of our time at the studio was spent in that closet.

Bonnie : [Sighs] The fun ended when we heard Billy giving out to Teddy. We got out of there and stood outside as if nothing had happened.

Warren : [Laughs] Billy and Teddy walked into that closet having no idea what was going on in there moments before.

Bonnie : When we joined the others, they informed us that Billy was being a diva as usual.

Karen : Eddie had just started talking about how Teddy had put us on a track with 'some chick.' I reminded him that Bonnie and I were chicks.

Eddie : [Makes a face] Not really, though.

Bonnie : I often wonder what they would've done without us.

Warren : Yeah, and once Teddy had come back, he called BonBon and I the heartbeat of the band.

Bonnie : A bit of recognition is nice every now and then.

Warren : It's nice to know someone was listening.

Daisy : Billy eventually got over his hissy-fit and we tried recording the song again.

Bonnie : I snuck into the studio after them.

Billy : We recorded Daisy's version and, come to think of it, we never did my version.

Bonnie : Thank fuck. Billy's version was fine, but it was a little dry.

Karen : You could just tell that something special had happened in the studio that day.

Bonnie : Teddy had told Daisy and Billy that they'd have to share the one mic. [Laughs] You know, I think Teddy had an intuition for more than just music.

Warren : [Chuckles] Yeah, the next time we went in to record, Bonnie's guitar was set up right beside the drumset.

Bonnie : [Shrugs] Teddy, man. What can I tell ya?