Aikara Hoshino

A year had passed since that fateful day, and I had come to the realization that I was no longer living my old life. Instead, I had been reincarnated into a new body - that of a young baby boy. It was a strange feeling as if I was living in a dream, but the reality of it all slowly sank in.

Currently, I only know the names of three people: Aqua Hoshino, Ruby Hoshino, and Aikara Hoshino. It's a strange feeling not knowing the name of my mother, but unfortunately, I can't understand Japanese, so I don't know if someone ever addressed her by her name or if they were just speaking some words. 

The only reason I know the names of my siblings is because that woman would always address them using their names when she spoke to my siblings. It's a strange and unsettling feeling, not knowing the name of my supposed mother, but I hope one day I'll be able to understand and communicate with her in her language.

And speaking of my siblings, I was slightly shocked when I found out that I wasn't the only child in my family. To my surprise, I had not one, but two siblings - Aqua, the eldest of us, and Ruby, the youngest. Triplets! It was a surprising revelation since triplets are uncommon.

But lately, I've been grappling with a nagging suspicion that my siblings might not be who they appear to be. As someone who's been through reincarnation, I expected to be the most level-headed and mature person among us siblings. However, as I observe my siblings closely, I can't help but feel that Aqua is the more mature one between the two of us. This realization has led me to wonder if perhaps I'm not the only one in the family who has gone through reincarnation. 

My thoughts only got reinforced when Aqua refused to breastfeed and only accepted milk from a bottle.

As for me, I accepted breastfeeding with open arms. It's not like I had lustful thoughts toward my mother, anyone who has lustful thoughts toward their mothers should deserve to die. But, the thought of refusing her breastmilk and making her sad because two of her children don't want to drink her milk doesn't sit well with me. 

What if she stops loving me because of that?

Meanwhile, Ruby seems to be like me as she embraces breastfeeding with joy, and I can't help but wonder if she is also a reincarnator like me since she always had this blissful expression on her face whenever she sucked on Mom's boobs.

And whenever I get my milk, I always see Ruby glaring at me with hatred in her eyes.

But even with their weird quirks, I do see them as family. However, when I try to think of the word "mother," my mind immediately conjures up memories of my previous life's mom, so I can't say I feel the same way about my current mother figure.

But at the end of the day, the suspicion that my two siblings might also be reincarnators remains just that - a suspicion. As much as I am curious about their own experiences, I know that I cannot risk revealing myself or asking them directly until I am certain. 

It would be too risky, and I cannot afford to make any mistakes that might jeopardize my own safety. For now, I will keep my suspicions to myself and continue to observe their behavior, looking for any clues that might confirm or disprove my suspicions. Only then will I be able to make a move, if necessary.

_______________________________

It seems that day came sooner than I thought as I woke up to some loud sound coming from another room.

I glanced over at the futon beside me, only to find that my siblings were nowhere to be seen. My mother lay there, sleeping peacefully, completely unaffected by the noise. How does she sleep through everything?