What if-Side Story

This is on an alternate universe, where Aikara carried just a tad more weight than usual, for sometimes even the slightest alteration can lead to a significant change.

___

(Aikara POV)

Today was the day of the Tokyo Dome, and we were all getting ready to leave.

Well, only Aqua was still preparing. Ruby, Ai, and I were already done.

In fact, Ai was scrolling through social media while Ruby lay on the bed.

And as for me, I sat in the chair, watching them with a small smile on my face.

Honestly, ever since I reincarnated as Ai's son, life has been better.

I haven't stopped acting, though. I still maintain this persona in front of them. But even so, I'm happy with my family.

I never had a brother like Aqua before. He's cool, mature, and calm most of the time. He even taught me Japanese when I was struggling to understand it. He's a reliable brother. Maybe it's because he was an old man in his previous life?

Ruby, on the other hand, is a unique experience for me. Even though I already had a sister in the form of Ellie, Ruby brings a different energy. Unlike Ellie, who is usually reserved unless she's with me, Ruby is bright and full of energy. I'm a bit envious of her true personality. And despite her creepy behavior towards Ai, I've come to accept that side of her because she's still my adorable little sister.

And Ai, even though I know I shouldn't have favorites, she's my favorite mother. I shouldn't have this preference, but I never had a mother who was so similar to me before. My memories of my first mother are faint at this point. On the other hand, my second mother, although kind and great, was just too different from me. Ai and I share similarities. We're both liars for love. And it's that connection that makes her the closest to me.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Could that be the CEO?" Ai asked curiously, taking a step towards the door.

"I want to come too, Mom!" I exclaimed, jumping out of my chair and skipping over to Ai. "It's boring to just wait here. Let me greet President Satou as well!"

Ai smiled at me, nodding eagerly. "Of course, Aka!" she exclaimed, waiting for me to join her by her side.

How considerate.

We walked towards the door together.

"Are you excited, Mom?" I asked, looking at her with a bright smile and tilting my head. "It's the Tokyo Dome, the culmination of your success."

"Yes, I am!" Ai replied, matching my smile and tilting her head. "I hope you all enjoy my performance later!"

I wanted to ask her more, but before I could, we reached the door.

Ai opened it, and to my surprise, instead of the expected CEO, I saw a young man wearing a gray jacket standing there, holding a bouquet of flowers.

"Hm?" Ai asked in confusion.

Who is he?

"Congratulations on your dome concert," he began, causing both Ai and me to tilt our heads in confusion.

Is he a fan? Then why is he at our apartment?

"How are the triplets doing?" he continued, revealing something hidden within the bouquet. I widened my eyes in surprise.

"Ai!" I shouted, jumping toward her and successfully pushing her aside.

But it seemed I was too slow as I felt a knife pierce through my chest, causing me to cough up blood.