Prologue Ends

(Aikara POV)

I didn't respond for a while, but it seemed like Aqua saw right through me as he nodded, understanding my expression. "Judging from your face, it seems like you still want revenge," he acknowledged. "I'll discuss our plans with you once I've made progress in my investigations. In the meantime, continue auditioning for roles to make your mark in the entertainment industry."

Aqua, listening to your words, I want to stop you.

I want to tell you to stop pursuing revenge because I love you, I don't want you to be harmed.

Despite deciding to be selfish, I'm still the same person at my core.

A person who loves others.

That's why I don't want you to continue your revenge. 

If you do, you might die.

I don't want that, it should only be me.

I'm willing to die for my cause and I'm sure you are too.

But, just because you are willing to die, doesn't mean I'm willing to let you die.

So, how do I stop him?

Should I say that I'll back out from the plan in hopes of making him quit.

No, that won't work, if it was that simple to make him give up, then he won't be willing to sacrifice himself in the first place.

Words won't be enough to dissuade you—I need to stop your plans forcefully.

For now, the best option is to continue being your partner in crime. By doing so, I can gather information about our father from you, as you're smarter than me and will likely uncover crucial details. Furthermore, by hearing your plans, I can secretly find a way to thwart them if you're putting your life at risk.

"Sure thing," I replied to Aqua. He seemed satisfied with my response and walked back to the apartment.

Now that I was alone, I began to contemplate Aqua's words. "Continue auditioning for roles," he said. I could do that, but the problem is that it will likely be an unsuccessful endeavor. I've been trying for the past month, attending numerous auditions, but I've failed each time. I'm not foolish enough to persist with something that has a low chance of success.

Let's consider why Ellie is successfully obstructing my chances. There are two factors at play. Firstly, Ellie's influence in the entertainment world is considerable. I can't even convince Miyako to persuade her to stop because Ellie left Strawberry Productions and joined Lalalie Theatrical Company. Secondly, my own insignificance plays a role. It makes sense for them to reject me if Ellie asks, as I'm not important enough for them to disregard her request.

So, does increasing my influence offer a way to secure a role despite Ellie's protests? The question is how to achieve that.

Singing and dancing are not my strengths, so gaining popularity through those avenues seems unlikely. The thought of exploring YouTube and becoming a streamer crossed my mind, but the platform's age restrictions pose a significant hurdle. YouTube's policies explicitly state that children under the age of 13 are not allowed to livestream without adult supervision. Violating this policy could lead to channel termination. It's clear that I'll have to wait until I turn thirteen to pursue that option.

Do I have no other alternatives? Should I simply continue trying auditions, as Aqua suggested?

"Haaah" I let out a sigh of frustration. I'm not particularly skilled in matters like these. Unlike Aqua, I'm not adept at planning or cunning enough to devise a brilliant solution for this situation. The only aspects I'm confident in are my emotional intelligence and acting ability.