Living With a Genius Brother

You can support me in patreon dot com/SUSGT

You'll be able to read four advanced chapters.

There's also a seven day free trial.

____

Inside the warehouse, the symphony of raindrops enveloped the entire building, their soft patter echoing through the space. The staff bustled around, their movements purposeful as they prepared the set for the final episode. Positioned in front of Aqua and Aikara, Kana raised her finger to the air, ready to explain the unique circumstances they faced.

With a composed demeanor, Kana began to outline the usual procedure, only to reveal that due to the limited permission to use the film set for just one day, they would need to combine dry runs with rehearsals.

Aqua couldn't help but comment, his voice tinged with a hint of criticism. "How sloppy. Even my director is more meticulous than this," he remarked, his disapproval evident.

Kana sighed briefly, her shoulders shrugging slightly. "We don't have the luxury of time or resources to do better," she responded, a hint of resignation in her voice.

Curiosity getting the better of him, Aikara tilted his head and asked, "What's wrong with having just one practice? I think immersing yourself in the character and getting used to the setting can be accomplished with a single run-through."

Before anyone could say anything, Aqua grabbed Aikara's head and forced him to bow down alongside him. "Forgive this idiotic brother of mine." Aqua apologized to Kana "He's just saying that because he's an airhead. He's been like that for the past few years now."

Aikara wriggled free from Aqua's grasp, furrowing his eyebrows and crossing his arms in defiance. "What do you mean air head? I'll have you know I'm quite sharp!" he declared, puffing his chest out with pride.

Ignoring Aikara's rebuttal, Aqua turned his attention back to Kana. "Sorry about him. While he usually knows how to read the room, when it comes to things he excels at, like acting or taekwondo, he can't read the room and can come of as arrogant because he assumes everyone is just as good as he is. 

Kana scratched her cheek awkwardly, a small smile playing on her lips. "Well, it's fine. Oddly enough, when he says it, it doesn't come across as arrogant because of his charismatic demeanor," she admitted, her tone filled with amusement.

Aikara's chest swelled with pride at Kana's words, his self-satisfied grin widening. "See? I told you, Aqua. My charm and talent are simply irresistible," he chimed, basking in the praise.

"No, you're missing the point-" Aqua began to retort but stopped himself as he saw the grin on Aikara's face not leaving, which he made him realize the futility of arguing any further. He couldn't be bothered anymore.

Aikara let out a gleeful giggle and flashed a peace sign, relishing in his victory, while Kana turned around and caught sight of a familiar face.

"Ah," she exclaimed, capturing the attention of Aikara and Aqua, who also turned to face the direction she was looking at. Their gaze fell upon a striking young man with flowing, purple locks, making his way towards them while running his fingers through his hair.

"Yo, Kana-chan, the rain's really something today," he started, a hint of annoyance evident in his tone. "I'd like to delay the filming."

Kana's laughter escaped her lips, but it held a hint of forced cheerfulness. She was just about to introduce Aqua and Aikara to Melt when Aikara, with a mischievous glint in his eye, stepped forward, his hand raised in greeting.