One Month Later

It had been a month since that eventful day, and the much-anticipated release of the first episode of the drama had arrived. Gathered in the cozy living room, the Hoshino family sat eagerly, their attention fixed on the television screen.

Ruby, who was perched on Ai's lap, couldn't contain her excitement as she exclaimed with a wide smile, "I can't wait to see Mama's acting!" Her little legs swung energetically, adding to the buzz in the room.

Ai glanced down at Ruby, a small smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "We did film quite a lot of scenes," she acknowledged, her voice filled with a mixture of anticipation and pride.

Seated cross-legged on the floor, Aikara turned towards Ai, his eyes widening with excitement as he locked gazes with his mother. "Mom, I'm sure your acting is great! I can't wait to see them cheering for you!" Aikara's voice brimmed with genuine excitement, his eagerness palpable.

Ai reciprocated her son's infectious excitement with her own, a grin lighting up her face. "Thanks, Aka!" she exclaimed, her hand playfully ruffling his hair as she beamed at him.

Their anticipation was momentarily interrupted by the sound of the television, signaling the start of the show. "Mama! The show is starting!" Ruby exclaimed, pointing excitedly at the screen. The family fell silent, fully engrossed in the unfolding drama before them.

As the episode progressed, they finally caught a glimpse of Ai's scene. However, it was only a single scene, and they were never able to see another glimpse of Ai even after the episode ended, even though she filmed multiple scenes at the site.

"Huh?!" Ruby shouted in confusion as she looked at the TV with a frustrated expression on her face "Is that it?"

Aqua seemed to agree with her sentiment as he also voiced out his frustrations "That was barely one scene."

Aikara, on the other hand, was already beside Ai as he held her hand trying to comfort her.

"Are you okay Mom?" Aikara asked, his voice filled with genuine concern. Aikara stood up from his spot and walked toward Ai, his eyes widening with worry, and reached out to gently touch her arm.

Ai seemed to have noticed his worry as she let out a reassuring smile "I'm feeling fine! No need to worry about me. I'm tougher than you think." She flexed her biceps as if trying to prove her strength.

Aikara didn't look convinced though as he didn't let go of her hand.

"You don't need to continue holding my hand Aka. I'm really feeling fine." Ai said with a warm smile on her face, touched that he continued to hold her hand. 

But she really was fine, she knows that life doesn't always go the way you want to and she won't let herself get beat up over this.

"It's not because I want to comfort you," Aikara blurted out, his voice filled with a mix of excitement and shyness. He avoided direct eye contact, glancing to the side, his cheeks turning a rosy shade. With a bashful smile, he nervously scratched his cheek, his hand moving up and down in a gentle, almost hesitant motion. "I just... uh, want to keep my hand warm since it's pretty cold," he added, his words trailing off slightly as his charisma and energy momentarily transformed into a sweet, innocent charm.

Ai felt her heart gets stabbed by an arrow at this bashful display, her kids really are adorable.

"I see, if you're feeling cold, then there's nothing I could do about it," she said with a playful wink. Her voice exuded confidence and warmth.

Suddenly, Aqua left the couch and excused himself as he left to another room, and even though Aikara planned to follow him, he decided not as he felt Ai's hand wrap around his own.