Let's Make This Show Great

You can support me in patreon dot com/SUSGT

You'll be able to read four advanced chapters.

There's also a seven day free trial.

____

(Third POV)

Inside the vibrant atmosphere of Karaoke Can, Aikara and Kana found themselves engrossed in lively conversation, discussing a myriad of topics as the music played softly in the background.

Kana's voice reverberated with anger as she shot a fierce glance at Aikara. "Shut up! She really said something like that!?" Her frustration intensified, her fist clenching tightly as she struggled to contain her emotions. "I hope she just disappears!"

Aikara's face cracked into a mischievous grin as he playfully retorted, "Well, your acting did take a hit." His tone was lighthearted as he subtly shrugged his shoulders and winked, teasing Kana with a playful jab.

Reacting to his teasing remark, Kana pointed her finger directly at him, her expression filled with a mix of irritation and determination.

"I have a valid reason for that, you know?" she exclaimed, her voice still carrying hints of anger. "I'm not trying to boast, but finding high schoolers who can act as well as I can is no easy feat."

"Is that so?" Aikara responded, tilting his head slightly in curiosity. "Then why did your acting come off as mediocre?"

Nonchalantly, he pierced through Kana's defenses with his remark, causing her to clench her fist in frustration.

"Ugh, it's because I've been holding back," Kana conceded, her anger dissipating as her voice softened. "The drama's aim is to cast attractive newcomers to appeal to a female audience who swoons over pretty boys. Acting prowess isn't their priority. However, such an approach tarnishes the essence of the title, which is why they've chosen me, known for my acting skills, as the lead."

Aikara nodded, his expression showing understanding, as he casually commented, "Ah, I see now why your acting seemed lackluster." He closed his eyes, crossing his arms, and a faint smile played upon his lips. "If you acted too well, it would shift the focus onto you, which the directors want to avoid as they're trying to promote the appeal of the pretty boys." 

He turned his gaze to Kana "Am I right? Actually, no need to tell me, I'm sure I'm right." His smug statement earned a small chuckle from Kana as she crossed her arms and cocked an eyebrow.

"Well, well, as confident as always," she remarked, a touch of jealousy seeping into her words. She let out a soft sigh, her eyes momentarily glancing away before returning to meet the gaze of the person she was speaking to.

"You pretty much got it right," she admitted, her voice tinged with a hint of self-awareness. "Knowing my less-than-stellar acting skills stem from those reasons, will you give me back my credit of being a good actor?"

"No way." Aikara grinned mysteriously, tilting his head slightly downward, allowing his hair to cast a shadow over his eyes. He spoke deliberately, his words flowing out slowly and softly. Yet, there was an undeniable magnetism in his voice that could captivated everyone's attention.

"Actors... they're like the ultimate beings, you know?" Aikara's gaze met Kana's, his eyes brimming with excitement as he delivered his next lines. His smile grew brighter, teasingly playful.

"They're like these enchanting creatures, shining with the magic of lies. With an awesome mask, they can fool anyone. Each word they utter, it's like casting doubt on what's real and what's not, for the viewers. That's what it truly means to be an actor." Aikara's voice carried a mesmerizing charm, drawing Kana deeper into his words.