Aftermath

<Content Warning: Please be aware that this novel contains sensitive and potentially distressing themes, including thoughts of suicide. I kindly advise readers who may find such content triggering or uncomfortable to exercise caution while engaging with this story.>

The shocking news of an idol being stabbed by a fan, followed by the culprit's tragic suicide, quickly spread like wildfire, capturing everyone's attention within an hour, even without any intentional promotion.

In general, people reacted with sympathy and compassion. However, as expected, there were some individuals who seized upon the tragedy to seek attention. Amidst the numerous selfish assumptions and slanderous remarks, there were also those who came close to uncovering the truth.

Ruby, sitting in a dimly lit apartment and browsing through the online backlash against Ai, felt her voice quiver as she spoke with a mix of fear and anger, "What do you mean by 'No surprise'!? How can anyone suggest that it's expected for an idol to be killed just because she falls in love? That can't be right!" Her words erupted with frustration as Aikara and Aqua, standing nearby, wore somber expressions.

"You all have been infatuated with idols yourselves, so how can you deny her the chance to experience love?" Ruby continued, her voice growing louder and more desperate. "Is it just because you haven't found girlfriends? That's sick! Drop dead—"

Before Ruby could finish her sentence, Aikara abruptly intervened, approaching her with an enthusiastic smile and enveloping her in a tight embrace. He swayed gently from side to side, trying to comfort her.

"Please, Ruby, don't say such things!" Aikara exclaimed, his eyes gleaming with mischievous charm. "You know Mom wouldn't approve of it, right?" His words were filled with vibrant energy, as if he was putting on a show just for her.

Despite the gravity of the situation, Aikara's radiant smile remained unwavering. He kept his movements animated, subtly bouncing on his toes, as if eager to dispel any sorrow that threatened to infiltrate their hearts.

Caught up in her emotions, Ruby looked at Aikara with anger, pointing at him accusingly. "Why are you acting so energetic despite Mom's death?" she shouted, taking him off guard. "Didn't you consider her your mother at all?"

Aikara chuckled, his hand gently massaging the back of his head. His eyes sparkled mischievously as he turned to face Ruby. "What are you saying, Ruby? Of course, I consider Ai my mother!" His voice trembled with excitement, his lips forming a mischievous grin.

But if one looked closer, a faint flicker of sadness could be detected in his eyes, swiftly masked by his exuberance. His vibrant energy seemed to dance around him, attempting to distract from the weight on his heart.

Unfortunately, nobody noticed this as Ruby continued her rant. "Then why are you behaving like that? Why aren't you grieving? It's creepy! It's as if you don't care about Ai at all!" Tears streamed down her face as she spoke.

With a mischievous twinkle in his eyes, Aikara tilted his head and exclaimed, "Oh, really? Wow! I'm sorry for being...creepy, I guess!" He chuckled nervously and playfully ruffled his hair, trying to alleviate the solemn atmosphere, if only a little.

Ruby appeared furious at his casual response, but Aqua intervened before she could say anything. "Stop, Ruby," he said, surprising her with his intervention. "Not everyone mourns in the same way. People have different ways of grieving, and some recover from their sorrow more quickly. You shouldn't judge everyone based on your own standards." He spoke while keeping his gaze fixed on the ground.

Ruby seemed lost in thought for a moment, then she looked at Aikara with an apologetic expression. "I'm sorry, Aka-nii. I said hurtful things to you. I know how much you love Mom, just like the rest of us. I shouldn't have assumed otherwise."