Chapter 4 : 'I am watching you'

Xiao Zhan had already lost his senses of direction. He didn't know where he was going. There was just only one thought in his mind

I've to run, run and run, run faster...

He became so paranoid that he even forgot to scream aloud for help. Although it was hard to say that even if he screamed would there be any people to come out to help at this dark late hours.

He was running blindly through the twists and turns of the alleys but the man was persistent, he was still following closely behind.

Suddenly Xiao Zhan heard his name being called out from behind.

"Xiao Zhan! Stop!"

That man called him. Another wave of shiver ran down through him.

He could not stop...stopping meant giving up, stopping meant death...he couldn't let that happen. He dears his life, moreover he had been reunited with Yibo after so long, he want to spend more days with him, he couldn't ruin his perfect future.

He increased his speed a bit more, he was exhausted, he really couldn't run anymore, he wouldn't last long but still he was trying with his last bit of energy to survive...

He realised the footsteps were becoming a little bit fainter, the pursuer was falling behind. Still he didn't dare to stop, didn't dare to turn back as he was running through the alleys.

He took a turn and immediately bumped into something...no... someone. That person's arms wrapped around him.

A familiar scent hit Xiao Zhan's nose. He looked up and his unfocused red eyes met with Yibo's bright black eyes.

Yibo was confused "ZhanGe? What happened?"

Xiao Zhan got back his senses. To him Yibo seemed to be like an Angel sent by God to protect him. He hugged Yibo back.

But then it dawned on him
No! We're gonna die together!

Xiao Zhan startled and immediately shook off Yibo's arms from him. He took Yibo's one wrist in his tight hold

"Yibo, let's run!"

But Yibo didn't move.

"ZhanGe why are you outside at this late hours? Didn't Police already warn you?"

Xiao Zhan cried "There's no time to explain!! Let's run!"

Just then he heard the running footsteps stopped behind him. That man was slightly panting.

Xiao Zhan shivered and didn't dare to turn around. He looked up at Yibo's face. Yibo was staring at that man, his eyes widened with knitted brows, his jaws tightened.

"Xiao Zhan!"

Xiao Zhan heard a familiar voice from behind.

"Why were you running like a madman? Ah! Ah!" He was panting.

Wait! Isn't this Zhuo Cheng's voice?

Xiao Zhan turned around
And yes...
It was indeed Zhuo Cheng!
He was panting like a worn out dog.

"A-Cheng you--" He was dumbfounded.

"You...you crazy runner! Ah!"
Zhuo Cheng grumbled
"I tried to call you, texted you to stop but instead you were running away! What's the problem with your brain?"

"You texted me?" Xiao Zhan was utterly confused.

He pulled out his mobile and showed Zhuo Cheng the messeges that came from that unknown number.

[I can see you!]
[Stop right there!]
[I'll catch you up soon!]

"Were these sent by you?"

"Yeah of course! But wait! Why my number is not saved?"