Chapter 23: The Night Darkens

Chilly wind was blowing. Everyone was standing a little bit away from the cliff waiting for Wang Yibo's instructions.

A few minutes later he came back.

"I called the City Bureau, it'll take minimum 4 hours for them to reach here. Hilly roads are risky at night and so they won't be able to reach here before midnight. We'll have to protect the scene until then."
Wang Yibo sighed and then turned to Wen Qing "Jie, you've to lock the Estate gate so that no one can enter or exit the estate for the time being."

Wen Qing nodded "Mn, rest assured. I've already instructed the servants to not come out from their quarters until further notice and they've already locked their door and won't come this side for the time being."

"Mn" Wang Yibo lit up his torch and looked around. The earth was rock-solid, no footprints were found. For the evidence he clicked some photos of that area in his mobile.

Then he pulled out two gloves from his pocket and put them on.

XuanLu was surprised "Yibo, do you always carry those?"

"Mn, it has become a habit." He crouched down and picked up John's mobile. He went to check the call log. His girlfriend had called him twice this evening. The last call was of his girlfriend's, they had talked for over 1hour. And after that there was that Yubin's messege too.

[Yubin: Where are you?]
[Reply: I'm sleepy, I'll rest.]

Wang Yibo turned to the crowd "You all head inside and wait for me in the hall. I'll meet you there after looking around here a bit. You all go first."

They agreed with it and headed to the villa.

But one remained there still standing, he didn't move at all.

Wang Yibo looked at Xiao Zhan "Don't stand here anymore, it's getting chilly here, go inside and wait for me."

"Let me accompany you" Xiao Zhan too continued searching the area with his torchlight.

Wang Yibo understood that he won't listen to him.

"Stick with me" by saying this Wang Yibo started to walk alongside the cliff and Xiao Zhan too followed him.

Thus they searched the whole lawn but didn't find anything significant, nothing out if ordinary was found.

At last they came in the backyard, the hilly forest started from there. They took a quick glance at each other and started climbing it up.

 They took a quick glance at each other and started climbing it up

With smashing sound of the leaves they went on forward. After going for a bit they found the chain fence, a lock was hanging on it.

This must be the boundary of the Estate.

Wang Yibo flashed his torchlight in different directions but there was none, nothing out of ordinary was there. It was just a hilly forest at night engulfed in darkness.