Chapter 28 : Cold Night

Wen Qing stood up and clapped "Guys, it's snacks time. Have some snacks."

The maid silently came and served the snacks to all.

"Ummmm... delicious!" Zhu Zhanjin had already stuffed his mouth with the snack and was chewing with all his delight closing his eyes.

He had forgotten all the Police ethics and etiquettes.

Song Jiang sighed and looked at Mianmian. She was staring at her plate without touching it.

Police ethics says 'don't eat anything in the suspect's house' and she was trying hard to hold it good.

It wasn't easy. They were hungry since noon as these 3 officers didn't get time or chance to eat anything after the breakfast.

And then suddenly...

Her stomach growled...

Mianmian "..."
Zhu Zhanjin "..."
Song Jiang "..."
Everyone "..."

Her face reddened.

Zhu Zhanjin laughed out loudly. Others were also trying to hold their laugh by pressing their lips or some were laughing lowering their heads.

Zhu Zhanjin was trying to catch up his breath "Hahaha! Madam, don't push yourself so hard!" He reduced his laugh and smiled "Didn't our director say us to stay here overnight? Means he had silently gave out his permission to eat here too. Moreover Yibo is friends with us, you don't have to--"

Before he could finish his sentence Mianmian snatched her plate from the table and started to stuff her mouth rapidly.

"I give up!" Stuffing her mouthful she plopped back into the sofa "I can't keep up with this police ethics anymore. I'll trust Wang Yibo and his boyfriend.I don't want to distrust my comrades anymore."

Song Jiang was still hesitating to hold the plate. He wasn't eating yet.

Mianmian turned her face to him "Mr Jiang, don't doubt your friends, Yibo or this family won't do anything bad to us. You can eat." She smiled "It's delicious too" She took another bite in it.

At last Song Jiyang too started to eat.

Mianmian had already finished hers. Putting her plate down she started to wipe her mouth with her handkerchief.

"Xiao Zhan" Mianmian called him casually, "Actually deep down we all know that it can't be you, otherwise how you'd get all these threats or mysterious parcels."

Then she turned to others "You guys all came together, did you see him bringing something suspicious or him acting strange?"

XuanLu and Zhuo Cheng both shook their heads "No."

Yubin also nodded "Yes he was very normal all along."

"That's the point." Mianmian thumped the table "Xiao Zhan hasn't brought anything suspicious, didn't acted strange either, then how could he be the culprit or even possess dual personality!?! It seems too far fetched to be real."

Everyone nodded. The reason seemed logical.

"I don't think so"

Like a thunderbolt all the gazes fell on the person who said it.

Song Jiang fixed his glasses on his nose bridge, he continued "If he is the culprit then he could also put the parcel there and later could act innocent because either it was done by his other personality or he himself was confident enough to put up on an act with others."

Yibo's temples bobbed up, others' expressions also twitched.

The atmosphere turned grave, Song Jiang felt it with all his being.