Chapter 10 : Search

Later in the meeting

Analyst Song Jiang had come to provide his reports to the Special Investigation Team. Excluding Song Jiang there was Departmental Ms Deputy Mianmian, Team Captain Li BoWen, Sub-Team Captain Wang Yibo and Officer Zhu ZhanJin present in the meeting. After the demise of one member of the team, it's member number shrank to 3. So from today onwards Mianmian too got herself into the SIT to solve the case faster. This increased her responsibilities several folds because aside from investigating this case alone, she yet had to take reports from other teams too who all were working on different different cases.

But she had to do it!
This case was the most frightening and crucial of all. They were getting pressure from the higher-ups regularly and it was getting unbearable day by day.

Thus their meeting started...

At first they discussed the progress of the first three murder cases.

Wang Yibo started "The first victim Wen Chao was a local businessman who emerged into business 4 years back and before that he was just an unemployed person. How did he got money to start his business is still shrouded in mystery."

Officer ZhanJin added "Moreover he was a businessman, so he had many rivals and had problems with many people. We have made possible suspects' list who would be profited by his death and some of them even don't have any alibi. We went to talk to them yet we are unable to pinpoint one out." He distributed the copy of the list to everyone.

Mianmian was looking at the list, she nodded "Mn, I see, there are names of over 10 people who don't have any alibi and are possible suspects. This won't do it. Try to shortlist them. Next?"

This time Li BoWen distributed some materials "Second victim Xue Yang was a gangster of his locality and his face is known to all police stations as he'd often get involved in brawls and would often had to spend 1-2 nights at police stations. Thus he had many enemies who had grudge on him and want him dead. In this case too we have possible suspects' for over 25 people and we're unable to sort them out."

Mianmian was swirling the pen in her hands as she was deep in thought "Is there any common names within those two lists?"

Li BoWen's reply was short "No."

"Is there any relation among the first three murder cases?"

Two pairs of eyes fell on Yibo.

Li BoWen and Zhu ZhanJin's gaze fell on Yibo right away. Yibo was too stunned to speak, he just pressed his temples with his fingers and closed his eyes.

Mianmian sighed "We all know that. I'm not talking about it. Anything else?"

Officer Song Jiang nodded "Yes there is one. The third victim Wang Lingjiao was one of the pioneer employees in Wen Chao's business. 4 years back she was an employee in his company and was thought to have a romantic relationship with him. Although 2years ago she quitted from there and started her new office at home. Probably they broke up at that time."

Mianmian asked "Was Xue Yang ever related with this company?"

Song Jiang shook his head "I don't think so. But we're trying to find more clues about him."

Mianmian asked "Wang Lingjiao murder case's suspects' list?"

"Here." Wang Yibo handed her.
"She didn't have any problems with her clients but she had a lot of pursuers who wanted to court her. Here is the name of the 5 pursuers on the list. They used to disturb her regularly, her boyfriend was also tired of this. It's heard that few days ago they had a quarrel and the boyfriend left the house."

Seeing only 5 names Mianmian's eyes sparkled "Only 5? Good! Have you contacted them?"

Wang Yibo lightly nodded "Mn, but every one of them have impeccable alibis."