Chapter 13 : Misunderstanding

Yibo had long gone, still Xiao Zhan was standing in the laundry room alone.

Did he overreacted on nothing?
Had he become so paranoid that he was seeing shadow of murders in everything?

He picked up Yibo's clothes. It had a huge patch of dried blood on it. He looked at it closely. Yibo's explanation didn't seem to be false, it was very logical for a Police Officer. He found something in the pocket and pulled it out. It was Yibo's Police ID. Xiao Zhan checked it thoroughly. There was nothing amiss in it. The ID was genuine.

Xiao Zhan sighed.
Did he wrong Yibo again?

He had already known from Ms Deputy that Yibo was also a Police Officer, working with them in this case, yet he was suspecting Yibo all along.

But being a police doesn't mean that he can't be the Killer himself!
Crime is crime.

But again he remembered how every time Yibo tried hard to protect him. The worry in his eyes, the pain in his voice, him taking leaves early from work just to protect Xiao Zhan...how could he forget all these?
He couldn't be ungrateful! At least to Yibo!
He had wronged Yibo once and had regretted whole 10years, he didn't want to wrong him again.

Now when Xiao Zhan thought about Yibo's explanation it seemed very plausible. He himself was getting paranoid over nothing. He felt guilty. He had done a grave mistake again and this way he would lose Yibo again. He had lost Yibo once, he couldn't let it happen ever again.

Yibo was laying down on bed in the guest room. He couldn't sleep. Xiao Zhan's words were echoing in his mind.

He couldn't believe that even Xiao Zhan didn't trust him. It was a huge blow to him. His tears were gliding down silently wetting the pillow.

----
2 Days ago
(The next day after Xiao Zhan returned to C City)

Wang Yibo arrived at the Bureau at noon, he was absent the whole morning. He went to Xiao Zhan's home to give him groceries which he had bought himself and spent the entire morning with him. At noon as soon as he came in the Bureau he put out some papers and became busy in making reports.

Suddenly someone came in front of his desk and slapped it lightly. Yibo looked up, it's Team Leader Li BoWen.

Squinting his eyes he asked "Yibo, what time is this? It's already noon. Where were you the whole morning?"

Yibo didn't look up from his computer "Caught up in some personal business."

Li BoWen sighed "Ok, write your report later. At first let's go and have our lunch. Others have already headed there. Let's go, let's go."

Wang Yibo had no choice, he too got up and went along with BoWen. They went to the nearby restaurant where they were regular and found Mianmian, Jin ZiXuan and Zhu ZhanJin were already present there sitting at a table.

Yibo and BoWen too joined them. As soon as they completed ordering the dishes ZhanJin glanced at Yibo and then clapped his hands

"Attention! Attention guys! Do you know what I've found today?"

Others were utterly confused.

BoWen scoffed "If you've found anything, just say it already! Why are you being so dramatic!"

ZhanJin rubbed his hands and brought his face a bit closer as if he was going to give an very exciting news
"Wang Yibo has finally been reunited with his Lover! Ain't I right Yibo?"
He elbowed Yibo.

Yibo felt a little embarassed as he scratched his neck.

But Li BoWen, the most oblivious guy in the team seemed dejected "What? Is it the same guy again who had left Yibo years ago?"