Chapter 19: Suspicions

Wang Yibo returned to his home. It was already noon. He was completely exhausted after the long work.

But entering the house he found it very festive. Xiao Zhan, Yubin, Zhuo Cheng, Xuan Lu everyone was there, even Yubin's older sister Wen Qing was there too. They were all chatting and laughing among themselves.

A joyous reunion.

Yibo smiled and greeted them, they greeted him back too.

Yibo was so tired that he looked pale. Xiao Zhan was worried, he got up
"You guys continue, I'll be right back."

He brought Yibo to the bedroom and put his own hand on Yibo's forehead to check the temperature but it seemed normal.

"Yibo, do you feel sick?" Xiao Zhan looked at Yibo with worry.

"No, I'm just sleepy." Yibo yawned.

"Then have a shower at first and have your lunch. After that take a good nap. Now go." Xiao Zhan pushed Yibo to the bathroom.

Yibo was obedient too, he showered, had lunch and then flopped into the bed. After a few minutes his breathings became even. He was fast asleep.

Still Xiao Zhan was beside him, running his fingers through Yibo's hair. When he finally got assured that Yibo was long asleep he slowly got up and came outside the bedroom.

He went to the living room and joined the others.

Xuan Lu asked "Where is Yibo?"

Xiao Zhan sat down "He is tired and is sleeping right now. You guys please keep it low, let him rest a bit."

A few hours passed.

Yibo's phone started ringing beside his ear. It disrupted his sleep, he frowned and fumbled with his squinted eyes to get his phone.

"Hello!"

"Yibo, come to the Bureau right away. We've to submit our final report by tomorrow morning. There are yet many things to discuss. Come as soon as possible."

It was clear by Zhu ZhanJin's voice that he was in a hurry and it was urgent.

"Ok, I'm coming."

Yibo checked the time, it was already evening. The officers who were on duty last night and couldn't get even a wink of sleep had all gone home in the noon, then again they joined in the evening.

Yibo got ready in minutes and came out of bedroom and again met the friends in the living room. He felt a bit guilty for not being able to join them but duty comes first. He politely excused himself from there and drove off.

Watching the fleeting back of Yibo, Wen Qing asked "Isn't Yibo excessive busy?"

Xiao Zhan sighed and nodded "He is in the Criminal Investigation Department and he's also a member of SIT, the team that is investigating the current Serial Killings. So he's busy nowadays."

Yubin seemed confused "Wait...Serial Killings? What is this all about?"

He was away from the country so it was obvious that he didn't know.

Xuan Lu said "Today's morning news said that the Police failed to catch the Killer last night and he died in an accidental fire."

Xiao Zhan's eyebrows knitted.

This means the mission failed !?!

Xiao Zhan had no idea because from the very morning he was busy in making the arrangement for the guests. He got up and turned on the news.

"Breaking News ! The Serial Killer of the C City murder cases is now dead. Yesterday due to an accident his hideout caught fire and he died on the spot. So the Police failed to catch him alive.
But Police have arrested the accomplice of the Killer. It's said that he was from the SIT and had tampered with the evidences and had helped the Killer in many ways in various murders. But the Police haven't announced the traitor's name yet.
Finally the nightmare is subsided, C City people can now be at peace and can roam around freely however they want. It had been tough but finally we've conquered the dark days, it's all thanks to our brave Police Officers who had worked day and night on this case to prevail justice..."