CHAPTER - 2

JENNIE POV :

"Meeting adjourned." I said and walked out of the meeting room with my secretary. They were talking nonsense. Our company will not benefit from this deal. They just wanted to save their company which was on the verge of bankruptcy. I sat in my office and rubbed my forehead. Busy Mondays are something everyone hates. As the CEO of one of the richest companies in the country, I'm used to it by now. I saw that it was 7 pm and realized it was time to go home. I collected my things and left the office after dismissing my secretary. I thanked my driver for opening the car door and calmly sat in the back seat. I don't really leave my office before 9-10 pm as work is my top priority but today my parents asked me to come home early as they wanted to talk about something important with me over dinner.

And yes! I still live with my parents. Some people will find it strange to live with their parents at the age of 23. But I didn't want to stay alone in that huge mansion, so I stayed with them. I have never been in a relationship in my 23 years of life. A lot of boys chased me throughout high school and college but I never paid attention to any of them. It's not that I'm not interested in relationships but I've never felt anything for anyone before. I don't want to be in dysfunctional relationships based on sex. Now being a CEO, everyone wants to be with me for the money and my body.

*Sigh*

"We're here Ms. Kim." My driver said and opened the car door for me.

"Thank you." I thanked him and came out.

My parents were already waiting for me at the door. I greeted them with a kiss on their cheeks and excused myself to freshen up. I quickly wore my pajama and went downstairs. My parents were waiting for me so I quickly pulled a chair and sat down. We weren't religious so we skipped the prayer part and just started eating.

"How was your day, Jennie?" my dad asked.

"It was very hectic. I had to check a lot of files and attend a lot of boring meetings." I had said.

My dad laughed and said, "Well, that's what happens when you're the CEO of one of the wealthiest companies."

"I know, Dad."

"Enough of this work talk. Tell me Jen, has anyone finally caught your eye?" my mother asked, wagging her eyebrows.

"No mom, I'm still waiting for the right person."

"Do you know Mr. Park, the CEO of Park Corporation, who is one of my friends?" my father asked.

"Yes why?" I said, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Well, he is getting older and he wants his son to take over as CEO, but the problem is that he has to get married first as per his family rule."

"You want me to marry him, right dad?"

"No baby, we would never force you to do anything you didn't want to. We just wanted you to meet him for a casual dinner." My mother said.

"I wouldn't have dinner with someone I don't know, Mom. You know that's not my thing to do."

"We respect your decision Jennie but what if we arrange a friendly dinner between both families? Would that be okay?" my father asked.

I thought about it for a bit and agreed.

"Excellent!! I will ask them to arrange it soon."

I just nodded my head and concentrated on my food. I have nothing to worry about because I know that they will never force me to marry someone I don't love. But I knew they wanted me to find someone soon. They were worried about me not marrying at the right time and spending the rest of my life alone. I was afraid of that too. I watched my high school and college friends fall in love and even go through breakups. Some of them are even married now. But here I am waiting for the right person who will be my first and last in everything. Sometimes I think I'm not capable of loving someone because I'm too cold but I always push that thought aside because I know I overthink things.

"Jennie, are you okay?" my mother asked, bringing me out of my thoughts.

I must have been zoned out for a very long time because when I looked up I saw a look of worry on their faces.

"Yes mother, I am fine."

"Are you sure baby?"

"Yeah, don't worry."

After finishing dinner, I said good night to my parents and went upstairs to my room. I was standing in my balcony and looking at the stars. It was looking very beautiful. I would have loved to cuddle up with my partner while looking at the stars right now, but unfortunately I'm still single. I laugh in my heart thinking that no one would believe me if I told them that the popular ice queen and the bitchy CEO love cuddles. These are the names my employees gave me. They think I don't know about it but they are wrong. I know everything that happens in the company. I also know that my secretary Jisoo and her girlfriend Lisa were fucking each other in the storage room when no one was there. Although they still doesn't know about me knowing this. I know everything, I just don't want to waste my time speaking on useless topics. My employees call me these names because they think I'm very cold and harsh. But it's not my fault, I've always been like this, ever since I was a kid. And about me being harsh, it's important because I'm their boss. But I don't really pay attention to them because after all they're just my employees.

Then my attention turned to the upcoming dinner with the Park family. My dad and Mr. Park are friends. They are not that close but do spend some time together from time to time. I have also heard some stories about his son that he was full of attitude and always behaved rudely with the media and his subordinates. I don't know if that's true or not, but I think we'll find out soon. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize it was almost midnight. I have a long day tomorrow so I should sleep now. I quickly went and brushed my teeth, applied night cream on my face and fell asleep thinking about my non-existent partner spooning me.

____________________
[1083 words]