CHAPTER - 16

JENNIE POV :

I was here again at her School waiting for her but this time i am going to make sure to make my confession. I have to get this off of my chest. Call me insane but I am already planning my whole future with her.

I atleast wants to know if my feelings are getting reciprocated even a slightest bit and if there is a chance of us

I atleast wants to know if my feelings are getting reciprocated even a slightest bit and if there is a chance of us. If not I will let her go because love can't be forced but I will still help her with whatever issues she is facing.

I knew that she was lying about getting those bruises from a fight with a drunk man but I couldn't just force her to tell me anything so I let it go, atleast for now.

Y/N is not good at lying because even a dumb person wouldn't have believed that lie. It was really a bad lie. If she wants other people to believe her, she need to work on that.

My thoughts were cut off when I heard the school end bell. Students starts leaving the school campus one by one. After sometime I finally saw her.

I was about to walk toward her but stopped when I saw her already walking toward me

I was about to walk toward her but stopped when I saw her already walking toward me. So I checked her out instead.

Why the fuck she always have to look so fucking good in every damn outfit she wears?

"Hey!" she said smiling at me. She looked happy.

"Hey."

"Why are you here?"

"Can we talk?"

After hearing that, her happy expression turned into a nervous one. She started looking here and there and I knew why. She must be thinking that I am going to force her to talk about her bruises again but I was not here for that.

"I told you those bruises were from a fight. You should let it go now." she said quietly.

"That's not what I want to talk about. It's something else."

She looked relieved after hearing that but her expression turned into a confused one. She looked cute. <eeheee!>

She asked me what I wanted to talk about but it wasn't the best place to talk about it. So I asked her if we can go somewhere else to which she looked conflicted but still agreed and told me to wait in the car because she was going to inform her sister about it. I just nodded and sat in the car.

After waiting for a minute she came and sat in the backseat with me. She asked me where we were going to which I said 'Cafe'. I thought that talking about it over a cup of coffee will be best, that's why I chose cafe. She didn't seem to mind it so I was also relieved that she liked the idea.

When we reached there we quickly went inside while she held the door open for me. <such a gentle women>

We quickly ordered our coffees and went to a private area in the cafe and sat peacefully. I didn't wanted to drop the bomb on her directly so I just started with casual talks.

"Does your back still hurt?" I asked. <it's casual talk, right?>

"No, it doesn't hurt that much. Pain meds are helping. And by the way thanks for taking me to hospital yesterday. You could have just left me there but you didn't and actually stayed with me till I woke up. So it means a lot to me. Thank you so much, Jennie."

Only if she knew I was in tears seeing her condition and couldn't have just left her there. There is a thing called 'Humanity'. Even if I wasn't in love with her, I would have still helped her or anyone else for that matter.

We talked about casual things for sometimes until our coffee arrived. I took a deep breath realising it was time to talk about the main reason why we are here in the first place.

"So, what you wanted to talk about?" she asked sipping on her coffee with her eyes sparkling like a kid. I looked at her for a moment, noticing things I have never did before. She had a cute mole on her right eyebrows and one on her left ear. Her skin looked so soft. I really wanted to squish her cheeks.

I stopped looking at her, closed my eyes and took another deep breath. Well here goes nothing.

"I don't know how to tell you this but i will not beat around the bush. I have been liking you ever since I met you. I thought I liked Jimin but it was you actually. I am sorry for dropping the bomb on you but I really really like you Y/N and I want to know if there is chance of us being together." i said. I lied about liking Jimin part because I can't tell her the whole truth right now. Feeling all the nervousness and fear of getting rejected creeping up on me I clenched my eyes shut. I waited but there was nothing.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked up at her to see her shocked and conflicted. I don't know why but in that moment my heart broke because I knew by her face that she didn't feel anything for me and there is no chance of us being together, like ever.

"Jennie i am s-sorry to say t-this but I d-don't f-feel anything for y-you and I don't think I e-ever will. I think y-you s-should move on from me." she said stuttering maybe because she felt bad for me.

After hearing what she said I wanted to cry but I know the timing and place was not right. I have to wait before i reach my home then I can cry peacefully. I really wanted her to give me a chance thinking that maybe she will feel something for me but I couldn't. She already made it clear that she will never feel anything for me and I don't wanted to force her.

LOVE CAN'T BE FORCED.

So I will do the right thing any mature person would do and let her go. After finishing our coffee quickly because it was getting awkward, we left the cafe.

We stood in the parking lot for a moment before she told me that she will take a walk to her house because it wasn't that far from here. She said goodbye to me and turned back to leave but I couldn't just let her leave like that. I needed at least one hug from her.

So I quickly pulled on her arm to turn her toward me and wrapped my arms around her neck. I had to stand on my tippy toes because she was incredibly tall. It took her a moment before she finally wrapped her arms around my waist and pulled me closer to her.

I buried my face in her neck realising it was the last time I would be able to hug her. My eyes watered a bit because I wanted to stay in her arms forever but couldn't.

I slowly but surely let her go but I was shocked when she pulled me back and kissed my forehead.

“I am sorry Jennie, I really am.”

With that she left me there alone in that parking lot. I missed her warmth and I think I always will.

That night I cried for hours.

I cried until I physically couldn't.

____________________
[1260 words]