Steel Your Nerves

3rd Person POV:

Forty-four students qualified for the Cavalry Battle after completing the Obstacle Race. Midnight explained that students must form teams of a maximum of four people: one rider and at least one horse.

Each student was given a point value and a team's value depending on where their members finished in preliminaries. The forty-fourth place finish was worth five points, with five points added to the point value with each asscending place. The first place finisher, however, was worth ten million points.

Individual point values were added together to reach each team's total. Those point values were displayed via headbands. The goal of the game was to steal headbands in order to raise the team's score. Contestants were not allowed to make each other fall on purpose. Even if a team loses their headband or falls down, they can compete until the thirty-minute time limit is up.

All hell broke loose when Midnight told them to pick teams. Kids started grouping together and a crowd quickly formed. Y/n looked over at Izuku who looked back at her with tears in his eyes. Y/n was about to go join the lonely boy when Ochaco walked over to him with Tokoyami and Mei following close behind. Welp that's four Tokoyami nodded his head at y/n and Mei smiled waving.

Mei and y/n actually sort of grew up together. They went to kindergarten together and would have play dates every once and a while. They kind of bonded when they found out they had the same quirk and grew close quickly, but when y/n's mother passed away they didn't see each other again. I should definitely get her number after the festival is done so we can hangout again. Y/n waved back and turned around looking for a team.

It looked like everyone was all teamed up already. She was starting to loose hope when she spotted someone. In the midst of the crowd, y/n noticed a boy from 1-b. She had only talked to him a couple of times, but she would consider them to be friends. It looked like his group only had three people! Perfect

Tetsutetsu, Juzo, and Yosetsu stood together, planning.  Their team was complete, or so they thought. Suddenly, a familiar face caught Tetsutetsu's attention. It was y/n, weaving her way through the crowd, her determination evident in her eyes.

He locked eyes with the girl. "Hey, y/n!" Tetsutetsu called out, beckoning her to join them. "We thought we'd have to compete without a fourth member, but here you are! You ready?" The boy held up his hand for a high five. Y/n looked unsure. "I don't know, a lot of these teams look really strong." Tetsutetsu placed his raised hand on y/n's shoulder. 

"Don't even think about the others. Just steel your nerves! Freeze em and make em strong!" The boy activated his quirk turning into steel to get his point across. Y/n laughed as he deactivated his quirk. "So y/n, you ready to kick some ass?" He raised his hand once again. The girl smiled and joined her hand with his. "Absolutely! Let's show everyone what we're made of."

Y/n felt eyes burning a hole in the back of her head. I mean there were hundreds of people watching, but it felt like someone was staring right at her team. She glanced around trying to find who was looking at her. She scanned every team until she met eyes with Izuku. He noticed the girl looking at him. His eyes darted from her to Tetsutetsu and then back again. There was something different in the way he was staring. He smiled at y/n and turned back to his team to finish discussing their plan.

As the Cavalry Battle commenced, teams clashed and alliances were formed and broken.  Tetsutetsu's steel-hard body provided a formidable defense, while Juzo's softening abilities allowed them to bypass and trap other teams with ease. Yosetsu's welding quirk served as a strategic tool, binding opponents and clearing their path.

Meanwhile, y/n's eye zoom quirk proved to be valuable, granting her team vision, only rivaled by Mei, across the field. She scoured the battlefield, analyzing every detail, and relaying the information to her teammates. With her guidance, they moved with precision and efficiency, always one step ahead of their opponents.

The battle raged on, and Team Tetsutetsu faced fierce competitors, each with their own unique talents. The young heroes dodged attacks and countered with their own, displaying their unwavering teamwork and snatching a few headbands. Despite facing countless challenges, their spirits remained unbreakable.

As the final moments of the Cavalry Battle approached, Team Tetsutetsu found themselves in a tight race for fourth place. The seconds counted down on the clock as every team began putting everything into the final moments of the battle. Headbands were flying through the air, and teams were clashing with full force. As the last ten seconds were counting down Team Tetsutetsu were trying as hard as they could to snatch a few last headbands. "3...2...1...STOP" And with that it was over.

All heads turned towards the score board to see who would continue. In first place was Team Todoroki with Iida, Momo, and Denki. In second was Bakugou with Kirishima, Sero, and Mina. Third place was taken by Team Shinsou, whoever that is, his team consisted of him, Ojiro, Aoyama, and Nirengeki Shoda, a 1-b kid. Fourth place was being calculated still and the remaining teams all waited in anticipation. 

Izuku started crying as the fourth team was revealed. Fourth place had been taken by Team Izuku with Ochaco, Tokoyami, and Mei. Team Tetsutetsu was quite sad to see they wouldn't be continuing but they were proud of what they did. 

Midnight announced an hour long break so the finalists could get rested and prepared for the final challenge, one on one battles. Tetsutetsu and y/n hung out on a bench in the stands waiting for the battles to begin. Y/n felt eyes on her again, looking around. She spotted Izuku once again and he looked mad. What did she do?

About 10 minutes before the start Midnight made an announcement. "Mashirao Ojiro and Nirengeki Shoda have forfeited their spots in the final challenge. Their spots will be given to the Team leader and MVP of the fifth place team. From Team Tetsutetsu, he and y/n Suzuki will be replacing them. Thank you."

1081 words

Author's Note: Enjoy!!!! Also I've done so much research to make sure everything goes together and makes sense canonically and logically so I hope I didn't get anything wrong!!! I hope you like it.

-Albion Orion