Chapter 6: Chaotic Quartet

***

Halfway through the day, lunch time arrived. Sandy was more than grateful. If there was something she loved more than talking and studying, it was eating. Nothing beat it. Other than hugs, perhaps. But, she'd have to do without those. Food though, now that was available, and could bring her a similar kind of comfort. After all, what kind of crazy person would say no to food?

And so, she went to the Great Hall, sat on the Gryffindor table, and took a book with her. While usually she liked to keep reading/study materials and food separate, unless she chose to snack during her self-scheduled study time, her choice was to keep people away. If she simply ate by herself, others may take it as an 'invitation' to sit beside her. But, if she was otherwise busy, perhaps there would be less chances of someone being unborn out of a conversation on lunch time. Was this what her life had turned to? Avoiding conversations to ensure no one from the future would cease to exist? She was wishing to have travelled to before 1926, and ensure Tom Riddle wasn't born. Now, wouldn't that make life much easier?

As Sandy began silently questioning herself on many philosophical topics, such as the meaning of life, time paradoxes, etc., a group of four teenagers 'her age' sat just a few feet to her right, looking right at her. Sirius narrowed his eyes at Sandy before turning to Peter swiftly. "So, Wormtail, what else did you figure out about her?"

He proudly began releasing the gossip. It wasn't often he could do things that the other three of his friends couldn't do better. For that reason, he enjoyed any second he could shine. This was one of those moments. "Well, I've confirmed she's, in fact, from Australia, and Dumbledore's goddaughter."

The bespectacled boy ruffled his hair, winked Lily's way (whom to his delight, just so happened to be looking his way, although glaring), and proceeded to get into the conversation. "That was yesterday's news. Give us something else. Remus already gave us something earlier from their talk."

"Right," He mumbled and nodded to himself before continuing with a louder tone. "She like, just 'showed up' two days ago, here. So, like, the day before we came by the Hogwarts Express. Apparently, it was a surprise to the professors, because they had to hurry to fit her into the classes' rosters and schedules at the very last minute."

Sirius rose his eyebrows in wonder and curiosity, while sipping a cup of tea. "Really? So, she didn't come with us on the train then? That's odd. But, it explains why we didn't see her for the train prank." Indeed, they had began their very first prank of the year before setting a foot on Hogwarts. They had enchanted the seats of all compartments, except theirs, with a charm that made anyone who sat on the seats let out animal sounds, rather than human speech. With no professors on the Hogwarts Express, this meant others either had to stand to talk, or endure it for the several hour ride. 

"In fact, when she arrived, she was like, injured or something, and very disoriented. It was Fat Briar that found her and all. He's apparently very concerned- but, you know how he is. He does exaggerate things sometimes." He continued before shoving some pudding on his mouth, and munching on it. However, having food on his mouth did not stop him from continuing. "Also, people are saying that, maybe her parents were killed by Dark Wizards, in Australia. It sounds plausible with the whole, injury, suddenly coming here, and the quiet girl thing she's got going on."