Chapter 21: Defying the Superiors

***

Sandy left breakfast early, insisting she wanted to get ready for Transfiguration class properly, by going over the syllabus. The boys found it nerdy (except for Remus), but let her be. As soon as she was out of sight, Remus leaned towards them and demanded answers. "Alright. I've resisted enough for practically a full week. We need to talk about the erumpent in the room."

"What?" Peter's response came out muffled, due to the food stuffed in his mouth.

Sirius, on the other hand, just teased his friend. "You mean the wolf in the room?"

Ruffling his hair, James shrugged. "What erumpent? What's the issue, Mooney?"

"Look," The werewolf ruffed his hair, placing the palms on either side of his plate. "I can handle one. One love-sick fool. But, please. Please, I'm bloody begging. Don't make it two."

After shallowing, Pettigrew pointed at Remus while looking over the other two. Cluelessness was clear in his face. "What's he talking about?"

"Padfoot and the new girl, obviously."

Having caught on, James placed his elbow over Sirius' shoulder (with difficulty due to their height similarity), and leaned while raising an eyebrow. "Is there something you haven't told me?"

"Nope. I tell you everything, Prongs. You know that."

"You have been very touchy and attentive of her, actually." Peter pointed out before taking a bite of his breakfast. 

Deciding that he trusted Sirius' word, James went onto his defence. "Not more than usual. He's just being himself."

Remus' eyes were narrowed, not so sure about this. "So, you're not like, falling in love, wanting to snog her, or anything like that, right?"

"Why would I not want to snog her? She's cute." After being glared at by the werewolf, Sirius rose his hands up in surrender. "I'm a guy. Send me to Azkaban for all I care. I'm allowed to find her attractive. But no, I'm not 'falling in love'." He snorted at the thought of it. "Nor will I snog her. She needs friends now. I'm not a douchebag. Maybe later on the line I can find out what her lips taste like- Ow!"

While the boy rubbed his head, James scoffed beside him. "Nope. I now declare she's off limits. Like, completely. The brave girl needs to heal first. You are not allowed to snog her until like- seventh year at least."

He puffed, but nodded as he muttered a response. "Okay, mum. I would have waited anyway."

As for Remus, he clapped his hands together and smiled softly. "So, we're in agreement? No one's in love-" Seeing James about to disagree, he interjected. "Except for Prongs."

Adjusting his glasses, the boy in question grinned. "For now. But, yeah, it seems that way."

"May Godric helps us when its two of you." Remus mumbled to the collar of his shirt.

Peter instantly agreed, too believing that Sirius following in on James' footsteps would drive him insane too. "Amen to that."