Chapter 32: Feet Off the Ground

***

"I don't like this. I don't like it at all." Sandy grumbled as she felt Sirius' chest pressed to her back, and his hands covering her eyes. They were now walking at a slower pace, to ensure she wouldn't trip, although it had happened once or twice. "I'm feeling dread all over from whatever you have planned."

She heard his chuckle emit from behind her, sending a shiver down her spine. Sirius, on the other hand, was completely clueless to all the thoughts running through Sandy's head. "Don't be so dramatic. That's my job!"

Yes, I know you love being a drama queen, she thought, recalling back to the first time they had met. Despite her only being 11 years old at the time, at the end of her first year in Hogwarts, her connection to Harry, via Hermione (her cousin) allowed her to be present when the Sirius Black finally made himself known. It was at the Shrieking Shack, after said criminal had dragged Ron by the leg, in his Animagus form, simply because of his so-called pet rat. The same rat that had turned out to be another wizard in Animagus form, specifically Peter Pettigrew. She could still hear Sirius' loud exclaims; 'Only one will die tonight!', 'I have been waiting, in Azkaban, for 12 years!' 'Not you, the rat!'. Granted, she believed his dramatics were justified, at that moment. He was very much out of his mind due to the cruelty of the Dementors. The same creatures she faced on the train, in her first day. However, that did not change his flare for the theatrics. Now, in the past, Sandy could see it had been a part of him all along. "Are you walking me to my murder? Because, people have tried, and people have failed to kill me. And, personally, I'd like to live a little longer too, you know?" 

Shaking his head like a dog, Sirius denied her claims. "No! I would never! And I promise, James would never either!" The ground beneath her felt softer now, and Sandy knew they must have moved on to walk over the grass, leaving the school's stone tiles behind. It wasn't too long after that Sandy could hear another set of footsteps, and she worried over crashing against someone. However, soon enough she'd come to find out that was not what she'd have to be concerned about. "Okay, I need you to place your legs a little bit wider from one another."

"What?" What kind of request is that? Sandy bit her lower lip, trying to make sense of the situation. In her mind, she tried to compare them to Fred and George, wondering, what the twins could be doing if it was them there, instead of James and Sirius. Perhaps that could give her an insight on what kind of shenanigans the two pranksters of 1975 were onto, at that moment in time. 

"Just, trust me. I promise everything will be okay. I'm right here, and so is James."

"Yeah, I am!"

Rolling her eyes underneath Sirius' large hands, which still covered half of her face, she couldn't help but feel somewhat amused at their goofiness. "Can I open my eyes now?" There was no way she would agree to such odd request without having more information. Trying to move to out of his grip proved to be unsuccessful, for it just made Sirius more persistent in keeping whatever surprise they had planned, a secret.

"Nah-ah. Not yet. Just, spread your legs." He probably had no idea how odd his words sounded. 

Sandy though, she was very aware. With her cheeks heating up, she was sure he could feel her embarrassment. And James, whom she calculated was in front of her, probably could see it, her prominent blush. "Are you sure this is not a prank?"