Chapter 50: That One Detention

***

Almost every wall was too made of glass, allowing the natural lighting to aid the students clear vision over their workplace. The one part of the room pressed against the castle however, was a stone wall, filled with climbing plants of all sorts- both muggle and magical kind. In the early hours of the morning, shortly after breakfast, the fifth year class stood in that greenhouse for their herbology class. 

"This dirt is messing up my hair!" Sirius exclaimed, running his dragon hide gloves over his raven locks, despite the fact that this action only exacerbate his 'horrendous' situation. He pouted, and turned to Sandy, silently pleading for help. With a wave of her wand, she removed the soil clumps from his hair, even though the smell was left behind. "Thanks."

"You're welcome," She replied with a small smile, and returned to work. This day's lesson required replanting Chinese Chomping Cabbage, a magical plant with sharp teeth, that seemed to have a preference for chomping on carrots, and the like. Unlike three days prior, on Sirius's birthday (before taking the potion), Sandy no longer felt the need to run the other way whenever she saw Sirius. There were no more jittery feelings making her nervous, and second guessing her actions much more than usual. She still was cautious over negatively affecting his future, but now she found it much easier to enjoy his company. 

Sirius, on the other hand, kept wanting to be near her 24/7. He hated it, but, in his mind, he claimed there was no harm in being near her. That is was a mere crush, and since he was in the process of making an Amorobliterus Elixir for himself, it would all return to normal eventually. Still, he'd try to get to know her better, spend time with her, make her laugh. Granted, he'd stop all of that whenever Remus was around, opting to make himself scarce instead. That didn't stop him from wearing his new leather jacket over his uniform and other clothes non-stop (regardless of the many point reductions he received for infringing the uniform code). "What are you doing? You should have your gloves on. The bloody cabbage has teeth!" He pointed out once realizing her lack of protection on her hands. 

"I find it easier to distribute the soil onto the pot with my bare hands. Don't worry, I won't try to touch the cabbage without the gloves. I mean, I'll put them on when I have to get to the fertilizer." Sandy merely shrugged, not seeing the problem. The cabbages were in the middle of the table, at an arms-length away from her. She wasn't done preparing the pot to replant it just yet. 

Sirius nodded, but wrinkled his nose in distaste. It simply did not seem proper, nor hygienic to handle soil without gloves. Not when dirt could get in between his fingernails. He admired her ability to simply not care about that, specially given how she still looked 'most stunning' with dirt over her hands and face, and messy hair. However, he could never follow on her footsteps on such a 'daring endeavour'. It simply just seemed like too much. As he admired how at peace she seemed while working, something caught the corner of his eyes, making them widen in alarm. His mouth was also agape for a few seconds before snapping out of it and looking around, checking no one had seen. Quickly grabbing her disregarded dragonhide gloves, he practically shoved them in her face. "Put them back on."

She slapped them away from her, and turned to him once more. This time, she carried a frown. "I told you; later."

"Right, but, you may not feel comfortable without them."