Chapter 51: Quidditch Match

***

Although Quidditch matches came and went, there weren't any others more important to the Gryffindor's than those against the Slytherin house. This sentiment was indeed shared both ways. Naturally, Sandy's new friendships with individuals in both Quidditch teams, she was put in an uncomfortable spot. Alas, that would not stop her from wishing luck to each and every one of them. "You'll do great, Regulus. I'll cheer for you. But make sure to have fun in the process, alright?"

Although nodding at her words, he couldn't help but feel rather perplexed. "You do know that we're going against Gryffindor, right?"

"I said I'll cheer for you, for my friend. Not for your team. Just the same, I'll cheer for my friends in Gryffindor, and my team."

He seemed to grin at the mention of their friendship. Granted, that did not stop him from puffing out his chest, and letting out his Black arrogance through. "Well, I am one of the best Seekers Hogwarts has ever seen, so, I'm afraid your team is destined to fail."

"If you say so. We shall see, Reggie." 

Just in that moment, another member of the Slytherin team passed through, smirking at the pair. "Oh, you will see. Gryffindor will loose. You might as well come to our stands, and cheer for us." Evan Rosier adjusted his elbow pads and his eyes roamed Sandy's body from head to toe. Then he tapped onto his cheek, and leaned closer. "Come here to give me kiss of good luck?" Then he tapped his lips next. "Although I'd prefer a snog."

"Have some class, Evan." Regulus voiced out with a clenched jaw, taking a step closer to the older boy, creating a partial barrier against him and his friend. 

Sandy, on the other hand, simply rolled her eyes. "No thanks, Evan. But I'm sure there's a girl or two who you can enchant into being your good luck charm instead."

"Oh, there's plenty, but I only want you." He made sure to stretch the nature of his popularity. It was no lie, for his handsomeness, familial status, wealth, dazzling smile, and silver tongue got him far. Most girls swooned at the sight of him

She hid her blush under her hair, and stood her ground. "The sentiment is not returned." Sandy had not failed to notice his constant flirtations in the past few months. Alas, she chose not to fall for his sweet-talk, particularly after he attempted to sneakily insert comments on pure-blood supremacy into their conversations. Knowing what the future held for him only made her all the more suspicious and cautious over his supposed affections. Granted, just because she didn't like him that way, it didn't mean she couldn't be affected by his blunt words. Sandy was but a teenage girl after all. "I stand with Gryffindor for the match, and Regulus. I can't say you and I are close enough for me to cheer for you. But I do hope you enjoy the game though, no matter what the outcome is."

"There is only one outcome for the match."

"Are you a Seer then?"

"No, but I definitely see my future in your eyes."

A disgusted sound came from beside them. As they turned to look for the source, they only found the youngest Black, seemingly repulsed by Rosier's pick up lines. "Please don't make me throw up before the game." Despite him being in the same house, Regulus wasn't blind. He knew Evan's father was secretly a Death Eater, and that Evan would likely follow in his footsteps. While Regulus was unsure on his stance with pure-blood supremacy, he did not trust Evan with Sandy. Not with all the talk he heard in their common room, the comments the blonde made about the girl. In his mind, Evan did not deserve Sandy, and she deserved better. Besides that, he had also noticed how his older brother seemed to look at Sandy. And he hoped to do something about that soon enough. "Can we just go? Mulciber asked us to go to the locker room early."