INK

I worked hard to be an author. Eversince I was young, instead of playing outside the sun together with children my age, I prefer to stay in and indulge myself in the pages of my books. I liked the way reading takes me to different places, I met a lot of people even if they aren't real. Everyone holds a very special space in my heart, they may not be real but I hold them very dear.

As soon as I closed my books, reality will strike. It strike hard that I feel like I would suffocate. The reality we live in is far from the books I have read. There's no fated love, knight in shining armor, or a true love's kiss. One thing that might came close from the books were evil.

I lost count of how many books I have read throughout the years but I enjoyed every bit of them. All the pages are work of art, it is a piece of an author's heart.

Reading and writing is my passion but passion can't pay my bills nor bring food in my table.

I tried hard to live as an author but I did not think that it will be hard. I spent years of my life writing, for me it was perfect but no one payed attention to it. It made me frustrated, of course. To the point that I wanted to throw everything away, leave this all behind and work nine-to-five.

But I didn't.

As I have said before, all the pages are a piece of an author's heart and I could never throw a piece of my heart away, no matter what happens.

After a few years, The Queen's Lair  was published.  My blood, sweat and tears finally paid off. The flower that I cultivated for years has finally blossomed. It might be a long and slow journey but all that matters now is that I made it.

People loved my work, both online copies and physical copies' sales are skyrocketing. I am happy.  People finally appreciated my art. They have finally recognized me.

But why now?

Why do it have to end this early?

Why is life so cruel that I have to die just after my success?

Do I not deserve to live through my success which I worked hard for years?

If there's someone above, you really are cruel.

Author's Note:

I will be starting to edit the first few chapters in order to polish all the spelling mistakes and grammatical errors. Rest assured that there will be no changes to the plot but certainly, there will be changes with the writing style. Edited chapters will have their chapter title changed to: Chapter 1: "Chapter Title" instead of the original roman numerals. Thank you for your support once again, I really do appreciate you alot!

All the Love.