XLV: The Start of an Era.

“You can't do this to me.” The Emperor shouted angrily, his voice was hoarse, as if there's a huge thorn on his throat. Cyn looked at him with his soulless golden eyes. The throne that once belonged to Rigor was out of reach.

The night was dead. There's no one around the chambers of the palace. The knights that once roamed the place was out of sight. As if the all the life has been sucked out of it.

“Why not? If you haven't considered making Zion the emperor we could be a little family, to be honest.” Cyn stated, his eyes glowed in the darkness. He isn't the same son that Rigor knew before. He is not human anymore, he's a monster. Rigor's whole body shook, he couldn't move a single muscle as he was too afraid of the person infront of him. 

“I—I am the Emperor.” He tried to show authority but Cyn never cared.

“Not for long.” A wide smirk grew on his face as darkness enveloped Rigor, he wanted to scream due to the pain he was feeling all over his body but not a single word left his mouth. He wanted to ask for help, Rigor desperately tried to crawl towards the exit of the throne room but every second passed, he felt the last string of his life slipped away.

A silhouette of a lady snaked around Cyn's body. “You're doing well, darling.”  a violaceous eyes glowed just behind him, Celine looked pleased as she stared at the lifeless body of the Emperor.

“Now, Marry me.” Celine whispered to Cyn's ears. The prince just nodded, like a dog programmed to obey it's owner. The two of them left the throne room, with the wave of Celine's hand, the corpse of the Emperor vanished out of thin air.

♠ ♠ ♠

“T-The Emperor is dead!” A servant cried as she ran out of the Emperor's room. The whole palace was in panic, numerous imperial knights ran towards the room, where they found a lifeless body of the Emperor laying on his bed.

“Give way! My husband? Where is my husband?” The Empress came rushing in, still on her night gown, tears streaming down her face. She knelt on the side of the bed and hugged the lifeless body of the Emperor, trembling as her tears kept falling down. The knights left the room and guarded it from the outside to give the Empress privacy and sometime with the Emperor.

The Empress trembled, not by the grief of losing her husband but because of fear. She knew full well that Rigor did not die out of some disease or whatnot. She knew that he has been murdered and there's only one person who'll do this. The Empress is afraid as she was well aware that her and Zion is next on the list.

The door creaked open, Cyn and Celine entered the room. She gasped at the sight of the Emperor and faked a tear, she hugged Cyn who's just staring at the corpse and the Empress. His emotionless eyes scared the life out of the Empress, she knows what the prince is capable of doing.

“Father.” Cyn called, they left the door open as to let the people outside know what was happening. Cyn slowly walked towards where the Emperor lies, he sat on the bed and stared at the corpse.

“I'll make anyone who made this to you pay.” He said,  ensuring that the people outside will hear it and they did. Murmurs started, the Empress knew that it is the start.

“Put the whole palace on a lockdown, not a single soul will leave this place until we found who killed my father.” He ordered, the Imperial Knights obeyed. Most of them left the room and went to secure every exit of this place. Celine closed the door once again, leaving the three of them and the lifeless Emperor.